Big Jim Quivers?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Jamesh76

Big Jim Quivers?

#1 Post by Jamesh76 »

Normally I use Eagles Flight. However, I seen a Big Jim Quiver and worked out a deal for $30. Its 4 arrow medium hood. Anyone have experiance with these?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Big Jim Quivers?

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

No, but I'll be watching for your review when you get yours!
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

30 bucks? That's a steal. I too use eagles flight and am looking at getting another one of theirs.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

The price is right.
Don't know a thing about it.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

I have one of the older models. I like how light it is. But i dont like how the hood and gripper are able to pivot. I guess it is a by design and supoosed to help with noise and vibration.

I prefere a more solid feeling quiver however. Ymmv. But for bucks you cant go wrong.

tmattson

#6 Post by tmattson »

Well I am new in the trad world, but I recently purchased a Big Jim quiver for my 68 inch one piece long bow (Sage), and so far impressed. I got the medium which will hold up to five arrows. Mount to bow is very secure, I mount to the second hole but if I go to the third it is not going to budge. I have no leather (or rubber) grip yet, so I do notice it helps kill some of the felt shock/vibration. Have not shot it with it full of arrows yet, as I am in the final process of nailing down my form and what arrows I will go with (ordering a bunch). I can post a pick if anyone wants to see it?

White Falcon

#7 Post by White Falcon »

Ok, but I use another style.
Attachments
DSCN8577.JPG
DSCN8577.JPG (146.21 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Jamesh76

#8 Post by Jamesh76 »

looks like a selway or thunderhorn there. never cared for them much. I have had several but down to zero now!

White Falcon

#9 Post by White Falcon »

Thunderhorn Boa 6-Arrow Bow Quiver, no movement or slipping. To each his own. That is what makes the world go round. :)

Greg Felty

#10 Post by Greg Felty »

tmattson wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:15 am Well I am new in the trad world, but I recently purchased a Big Jim quiver for my 68 inch one piece long bow (Sage), and so far impressed. I got the medium which will hold up to five arrows. Mount to bow is very secure, I mount to the second hole but if I go to the third it is not going to budge. I have no leather (or rubber) grip yet, so I do notice it helps kill some of the felt shock/vibration. Have not shot it with it full of arrows yet, as I am in the final process of nailing down my form and what arrows I will go with (ordering a bunch). I can post a pick if anyone wants to see it?
Lets see some pics of the bow and quiver.We like pictures.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Return to “Campfire”