The point of it all.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

The point of it all.

#1 Post by stumper »

I don't know what to say but at the same time I feel like I should attempt something. I've been talking to Dale for the last week about knives. Private messages became texts and texts became pictures and somewhere along the line he decided to send me a package.

Today I was brewing beer with a friend and decided to check the mail. I found a package from Dale, quickly told my friend that this could be a cool knife in the packaging. So I took some pictures and opened it up, only to have my jaw hit the ground. Even my friend was in disbelief. There was not one knife... But two. Right now I am so utterly Blown Away by Dale generosity then I'm not quite sure what to say. Holding both of the knives invoked a distant memory of my kids saying didn't dad just used to carry these everywhere. Needless to say i
I'm pretty lost for words.

Thank you Dale.

This thing called trad archery really has the best people...
Attachments
IMG_04052019_212855_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg
IMG_04052019_212855_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg (83.74 KiB) Viewed 111 times
IMG_04052019_212901_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg
IMG_04052019_212901_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg (70.28 KiB) Viewed 111 times
IMG_04052019_212908_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg
IMG_04052019_212908_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg (61.65 KiB) Viewed 111 times
IMG_04052019_213019_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg
IMG_04052019_213019_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg (67.48 KiB) Viewed 111 times
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: The point of it all.

#2 Post by Elkman »

Very nice in deed.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Jamesh76

#3 Post by Jamesh76 »

Dales generosity is beyond what anyone could ever imagine. There are good people in the world and then there are great people like Dale. Always willing to help, provide input and talk about what ever you want. Dale is a friend to all of us, thankful to have him as a part of our traditional adventure. Carrying along a gift like that on a hunt is special it warms your heart. Dale made my son a neck knife, looks like its based on the design as the small knife there. Well, Chezney takes that little neck knife with him everywhere. Its currently in St. Louis for this weekends soccer games, the little knife has some miles on it already. Obviously he don't take it to school, but it goes most every where else.

Great job Dale! They look great! Enjoy them Dave as they last a lifetime.

Greg Felty

#4 Post by Greg Felty »

Beautiful knives. Dale is very generous,don' cut yourself.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

stumper

#5 Post by stumper »

I should also add that both sheaths perfectly match my arm guard and quiver.

Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

He certainly has talent and a warm, giving heart.
What a wonderfully touching gift.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Thanks everybody.
But this is not as great as it is getting portrayed.
I'm just hoping to give someone a gift that they can enjoy and hopefully it will get paid forward.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Jamesh76 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:11 am Dales generosity is beyond what anyone could ever imagine. There are good people in the world and then there are great people like Dale. Always willing to help, provide input and talk about what ever you want. Dale is a friend to all of us, thankful to have him as a part of our traditional adventure. Carrying along a gift like that on a hunt is special it warms your heart. Dale made my son a neck knife, looks like its based on the design as the small knife there. Well, Chezney takes that little neck knife with him everywhere. Its currently in St. Louis for this weekends soccer games, the little knife has some miles on it already. Obviously he don't take it to school, but it goes most every where else.

Great job Dale! They look great! Enjoy them Dave as they last a lifetime.
Correct the small knife is the same design as the one he made your son.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

Another awesome display of generosity!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

No only is Dale a generous man, he is one darn good knife maker. I was blown away by the knife he made me; so was my son...so much, in fact, that he offered to buy it from me. I had Dale make a knife for him which I gave him last Christmas; any time he goes afield, it's on his belt, as is mine. They are going up north next month with us, for sure.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”