I',m going on a bear hunt.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

I',m going on a bear hunt.

#1 Post by Graps »

"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

Re: I',m going on a bear hunt.

#2 Post by Graps »

"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

Elkman
Site Admin

#4 Post by Elkman »

Makes me want to go Bear hunting!
I have only hunted for them specifically maybe 10 to 15 times. Spot and stock. Got to 25 yards or less one time and it saw me and made this grunt, snort, growling sound and ran off. It stopped at 35 yards or so to check out what had just happened, didn't like what it saw and ran off for good.
Another time I got to about 40 yards of a very large one, maybe 400 lbs, and was out of cover. I stood there in the trees at the edge of a large clear cut hoping for him to come my way. He was just rooting around without a clue I was there and when he did start to move up towards me the thermals switched and the wind shifted on me. His nose moved up slightly and he turn and bolted like the wind :? I never knew a bear could run so fast or jump so far. There was an old logging road below me about 100 plus yards. I swear it looked like he clear it when he jumped down towards it from the up hill side of the road.
It was all fun and very exciting to try and get close enough for a shot.

I hope you don't have any issues on your hunt and good luck Dale.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Graps

#5 Post by Graps »

Yes it is amazing how fast a bear can run. And they can climb a tree as fast as a squirrel.

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Going to get on the road in about an hour.
See you in a little over a week. 🐻👍

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hope you have a great trip, a safe trip, and pictures are required! :mrgreen:

Elkman
Site Admin

#9 Post by Elkman »

Looking forward to hearing all about it. Hope all goes well. Be safe and have a great time.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Best of luck, Dale. Stay safe above all.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”