Woo Hoo!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Grizzly

Re: Woo Hoo!

#11 Post by Grizzly »

Is that the Illinois Beach State Park? How many hunters are allowed on at the same time? I wonder how they control and manage the different areas.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#12 Post by Captainkirk »

Yes, Illinois Beach.
There are two units; North Beach and South Beach. Each hunter drawing a permit is awarded a 7 day spot at either N or S Beach, 5 per unit for a total of ten hunters (five each unit) per week from season opener to close. I happened to draw North Beach for the week of October 8-14 so there will be 4 other fellers out there at the same time. It is NOT public hunting, by permit drawing ONLY. You put in for the drawing and can pick your preference of 3 weeks you choose, numbered 1/2/3 per your preference OR choose "Any Week" which I will no longer do, because I'd rather not draw January when its below zero out like last year.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#13 Post by Graps »

"Any Week" which I will no longer do, because I'd rather not draw January when its below zero out like last year.

YOUR KINDA SHOWING THAT YOU ARE GETTING TO BE AN OLD FART. :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:22 am "Any Week" which I will no longer do, because I'd rather not draw January when its below zero out like last year.

YOUR KINDA SHOWING THAT YOU ARE GETTING TO BE AN OLD FART. :lol:
Last year if you recall, I had a three-horned creature working against me;

1) High winds

2) Extreme cold

3) Extreme back and sciatica issues

But not to avoid the accusations, yep. Getting old sucks.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#15 Post by Graps »

It's not for wimps.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

Ain't that the truth!
The good news is, if it gets too uncomfortable I can just pack it in for the day and come back the next, being as the IBSP hunting site is like 5 miles away.
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

BTW, my son also drew an IBSP tag. He put "Any Week" and drew December 18th-24th. I know it's supposed to be random, but...just sayin'...
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”