Bow quivers-school me.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Bow quivers-school me.

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Fellers, looks like I will be hunting the state park next month. Haven't made up my mind 100% yet, but leaning towards hunting with the Kodiak Magnum (K-Mag). Now, I only have one quiver, a Bear vintage bow quiver, but it's old, a bit noisy, and requires a bunch of stick-on felt in the areas the spring arms rub the limbs. Quaint, vintage, cool as heck, but not ideal. If I use the Grizzly again, I'll probably use that quiver, but if I do decide to use the K-Mag I'll want to get a different quiver. Here's what I'm looking for:

1) (preferably) Leather hood (but not necessary)
2) Room for 3-4 arrows w/ Zwickey broadheads
3) Fit 11/32 cedar shafts
4) Rubber and/or Velcro fitment...no clamps, brackets or screws.
5) Great classic looks for a vintage Bear bow
6) I'd like to keep it under $100 bucks if possible

I just browsed the 3Rivers site and found a few that fit the bill, but I wasn't blown away by any of them. If you have a favorite, preferably for a 'shorty' bow, give me a heads-up with a few pix in this thread, please!
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

Re: Bow quivers-school me.

#2 Post by Jamesh76 »

I have had about every quiver on the market. I have 4 EFA quivers and 1 bear spring arm left sold all the rest. I absolutely love the EFA. They are light weight, mount tight and quiet. No scarring of the bow or finish. I also like their grippers and how they contain the arrows in a tight bundle. I have both 3 and 4 arrow quivers. I have both hoods, the leather with foam insert and a all leather one for 2 blades only. I prefer the leather with foam.

https://www.eaglesflightarchery.com/bow-quivers/

I belive it is selway who makes a green hood slip on quiver which has a bear emblem on them. similar looking to the spring arm hood and emblem. if your on facebook look up traditional bear archery group several guys there have them and they look fantastic on bear bows. I have heard they are not on the website. You have to call to order.

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

Efa all the way. Eagles flight archery have affordable and most secure quivers I have used. They are noiseless and have several different styles and looks. Get the wing set back adapter for 10 bucks with purchase of a quiver for short bows. You will never need another quiver.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

If you gents don't mind, which model(s) did you choose, and which is your fave? (and why?)
Also, I see the 'totem and wing' options available but there is no photo or description of the wing option.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#5 Post by stumper »

I have the wing option is a set back for shorter bows so arrows aren't hanging off the front. Totem pole is a sturdy rod connecting both parts of the quiver and I have not used one. If you look under accessories you will see a pictures of the wing set back option. Under bow quivers the first picture shows the totem pole. I have the Apache Primitive quiver.

Jamesh76

#6 Post by Jamesh76 »

I have a 3 and 4 arrow rivet hood, 3 arrow tall mesa and a 4 arrow navajo with rattle snake skin.

The Navajo is my favorite, but like both the 4 arrow quivers. Only difference between them is laced or rivet hood and one has rattle snake skin. As far as function, they are the same. Mine I believe are all "Maxi" on the sizing for these 2.

The wing option is just a metal piece on the bottom gripper which offsets it from the limb. I don't know the length, but I assume 4-6". if you click "accessories" it shows a image of the setback.

I would not suggest the totem. It is 1 length and may not fit where you want it on different bows. They fit snug and you don't need it anyways.

I do not have the wing option and I have had these mounted on a K mag I used too have. The arrow position seemed ok to me.

"""""The Mini measures about 2″ x 2.25″ at the foam surface, and a depth of 2″. They’re made of cowhide and are riveted on the sides. The Maxi is a 4 arrow model that measures 2″ x 2.5″ at the foam surface and 2.25″ deep. The Mega is 2″ x 3″ at the foam surface and is 3″ in depth for those longer broadheads. """""

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

stumper wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:34 pm I have the wing option is a set back for shorter bows so arrows aren't hanging off the front. Totem pole is a sturdy rod connecting both parts of the quiver and I have not used one. If you look under accessories you will see a pictures of the wing set back option. Under bow quivers the first picture shows the totem pole. I have the Apache Primitive quiver.
Ahh, see it now!
I'd love to see a pic of yours on the bow! I guess I would need the wings if I order one as the K-Mag is a 52-incher
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#8 Post by Jamesh76 »

not sure I have the picture any more. definitely don't have the kmag.

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

Here it is on my 56 inch prairie predator.
Attachments
20190326_121810_resize_57.jpg
20190326_121810_resize_57.jpg (113.39 KiB) Viewed 122 times

stumper

#10 Post by stumper »

Heres a couple more from other bows.
Attachments
20190325_130558_resize_53.jpg
20190325_130558_resize_53.jpg (75.18 KiB) Viewed 121 times
20190419_191138_resize_68.jpg
20190419_191138_resize_68.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 121 times
20190801_144356_resize_64.jpg
20190801_144356_resize_64.jpg (79.88 KiB) Viewed 121 times

Return to “Campfire”