Interesting video

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Interesting video

#1 Post by stumper »

Just got clay hayes book called traditional bowhunting. And man I am really liking the content he is putting out..

https://youtu.be/mzWQ5_1bXtM
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Nomad

Re: Interesting video

#2 Post by Nomad »

I found the shooting in the dark part interesting. Apparently you still need some sort of arm, bow, arrow reference even if you believe you are shooting totally instinctive.

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

It was a very convincing argument.

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

It's almost 3am and I'm not watching the video before going back to bed, but i remember 15-20 years ago, when I first went out after dark to shoot and some light was filtering through a big spruce tree behind me, barely hitting the target, that my accuracy went way up. I've always attributed that to my increased awareness and focus, just to be able to make out the target. Then when you see the center of it, everything in you is on that spot. I firmly believe this aids immensely in hitting that one spot.

We can get too complacent in full light and not give it everything we have got.

This could be applied to almost anything in life, and especially to our walk with the Lord.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Really interesting info, but can't quite figure out why someone would WANT to shoot in the dark...other than it might look cool with lighted nocks?
And many game wardens might ask the same question...just sayin'.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

Well, that happens when you love to shoot and shoot and shoot. The sun goes down and you still want to go out and shoot. I think they may call this an obsession???

Anyway, I really enjoyed shooting at night with a little light coming from behind me. You'd be amazed at how much more focused you become simply because you have to

try harder to even see your target.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#7 Post by stumper »

Definitely grizzly. We do low light shooting in police world also and the results typically go up. Now did the video say the guy was shooting in low light or no light?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

stumper wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:35 pm Definitely grizzly. We do low light shooting in police world also and the results typically go up. Now did the video say the guy was shooting in low light or no light?
No light.
I've done plenty of practice shooting in 'post-sunset' mode, but never NO LIGHT mode.
Aim small, miss small!

Hill billy

#9 Post by Hill billy »

I have heard of people shooting at candles in the dark and with great accuracy attributed to being focused. But i havent tried it. Sounds like fun though.

Grizzly

#10 Post by Grizzly »

No light? Good grief! I may have to watch the video.

Reminds me of when I would have to start a bolt on the back side of an engine while laying on top of it. You feel for where the hole is and then after a while you notice that you can pretty much go to the exact hole which you cant see and start the bolt.

I would almost expect the North Korean archery team to do stuff like that. I once read some of the Korean coach for our teams writings. His awareness levels are beyond what I can imagine.

Return to “Campfire”