Interesting video

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Re: Interesting video

#11 Post by Graps »

I wasn't going to chime in on this but this is a case and point of what I always say about " Archery ".
Before I learned to " Shoot properly with perfect form " I could hit anything I could see.
Case and point, I would go out at night with lanterns on my canoe and hunt snapping turtles.
I would shoot them just behind the head because that made it easier to handle them having the head under control.
Now I could only see in the water, and granted the shots were close, 10 to 20 feet. I couldn't see my bow or arrow and I'll add, Refraction into the equation.
And I rarely missed. If I had to guess, i might miss one out of twenty.
I've tried gap shooting and that worked good to decrease my confidence and get me missing to the left.
I tried sight pins and that opened up my group's to about the size of a paper plate.
And 3 under was very good for shooting about ten feet in front of the target.
So I gave up and went back to shooting like a twelve year old.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#12 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:41 am I wasn't going to chime in on this but this is a case and point of what I always say about " Archery ".
Before I learned to " Shoot properly with perfect form " I could hit anything I could see.
Case and point, I would go out at night with lanterns on my canoe and hunt snapping turtles.
I would shoot them just behind the head because that made it easier to handle them having the head under control.
Now I could only see in the water, and granted the shots were close, 10 to 20 feet. I couldn't see my bow or arrow and I'll add, Refraction into the equation.
I've tried gap shooting and that worked good to decrease my confidence and get me missing to the left.
I tried sight pins and that opened up my group's to about the size of a paper plate.

You make a great point, Dale.
Ever watch a champion dart thrower aim? Me neither.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#13 Post by Grizzly »

Graps wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:41 am I wasn't going to chime in on this but this is a case and point of what I always say about " Archery ".
"Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" (Galatians 3:3 NAS)
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Campfire”