I'm new here

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Grizzly

Re: I'm new here

#11 Post by Grizzly »

Welcome from Central Illinois.

I always enjoyed spending an evening looking at the broadhead collections when we went to the Compton Traditional Bowhunters Rendezvous up in Southwestern Michigan at Berrien Springs. Maybe you will share what you had.

It seems that many hunters obsess seeking that perfect broadhead. It's fun to see all the variations that tinkerers have come up with over the years. For deer anyway, I would think that any broadhead that stays together and can be made sharp will get the job done if it can fly true. Would you say that is heresy or true?

Did you experiment with your collection on deer? That would be an interesting venture. I remember doing that with most all the bows I had. The one broadhead that I never did try out on a deer is one my Dad bought as he believed the advertising back in the day. I think he was impressed with how it would core an apple. I don't think thought that it worked very well on a deer. I'll post this on the Collecting and History forum just in case you care to join in.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Campfire”