Just hunting talk

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Greg Felty

Re: Just hunting talk

#11 Post by Greg Felty »

Hill billy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:33 am
Captainkirk wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:57 pm Depends on your definition of luck! I came away empty-handed yet had a fantastic experience!
I totally agree. During the few days I hunted my tree stand fell out from under me. I dropped my almost new black widow resulting in awful dings and then let a nice buck get away at prolly three steps. But hey the harness i was wearing saved the day. The bow can be repaired and the buck lives for another challenge. Besides a got to see this every morning20191013_073746-800x600.jpg looking north from my cabin. Every day is a blessing.
Glad you didn't get hurt. That's some beautiful country you have there. Good luck
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

EWill

#12 Post by EWill »

Hill Billy,
The rut seems to be a little early here, but not by much. I sure am looking forward to getting out again but work is in the way again for four days.

Hill billy

#13 Post by Hill billy »

Well there are lots and lots of acorns here. I seen 2 does and a spike today. I did find a nice big fresh rub by one of my stands. Im staying close to the bedding areas hoping a buck will work his way by me while feeding or checking for does. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Hill billy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:01 pm Well there are lots and lots of acorns here. I seen 2 does and a spike today. I did find a nice big fresh rub by one of my stands. Im staying close to the bedding areas hoping a buck will work his way by me while feeding or checking for does. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.
Good luck!
Aim small, miss small!

Hill billy

#15 Post by Hill billy »

I hunted the last 3 days on my place in north arkansas.with all the acorns the mature bucks have no reason to roam. Very little scrape activity . I have seen lots of does and I have a record crop of spikes and forked horn bucks. As long im hunting food scources near bedding areas I see deer. I planted tritical and rye grain this year in my food plots. I am surprised how much the deer are already feeding on the plots even with a tremendous amount of acorns. Looks like a lot of rain in store this wkend. Time for honey dos and getting prepared for next weeks cool down. The rut usually kicks in gear the last week of october on my place. Then off to kansas the 7th of november. Cant wait. I may do a hunt along thread for that.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

Hill billy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:26 pm Cant wait. I may do a hunt along thread for that.
Looking forward to it!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”