The unstrung bow.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

The unstrung bow.

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

Not much more depressing than an unstrung bow, especially when they are unstrung at the prime of season, and hunted with almost none this season. But my surgery is in morning and I will not even be able to drive for 4-6 weeks. No idea how long before I can pull a bow again, but it certainly will not be this season. Spreading ribs and going through side.
But I am so thankful for these last four days, it has been miraculous how much better I have felt! I was even able to preach for the first time in several weeks, and did it without pain or problems! My lungs went from only being able to raise spirometer halfway to suddenly being able to pin that thing to the top! Did a lung capacity test today and made the guy testing yell wow, he said it was well above normal. One week ago I would have failed miserably. So I feel the effects and power of prayer and am seeing It firsthand. They had no explanation today.
But for now all bows are unstrung, but God is good!!
Attachments
846FB955-735E-46B3-B6AB-2158E8AAACA7.jpeg
846FB955-735E-46B3-B6AB-2158E8AAACA7.jpeg (126.65 KiB) Viewed 790 times

Graps

Re: The unstrung bow.

#2 Post by Graps »

Yes Tony, God is GOOD.
In our prayers.
HEALING.jpg
HEALING.jpg (30.9 KiB) Viewed 786 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Tony, heartfelt prayers for healing, a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I truly wish you all the best and will praying for you, brother.
Aim small, miss small!

Hill billy

#4 Post by Hill billy »

Prayers for you Graps. Those bows will be strung again soon.

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Hope all goes well Tony!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Greg Felty

#6 Post by Greg Felty »

Still praying for you Tony.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Hill billy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 pm Prayers for you Graps. Those bows will be strung again soon.
Tony (Carpdaddy) is the OP here.
Aim small, miss small!

Hill billy

#8 Post by Hill billy »

Captainkirk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:56 am
Hill billy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 pm Prayers for you Graps. Those bows will be strung again soon.

Tony (Carpdaddy) is the OP here.
Yes I meant Tony
Sometimes I think one thing and say another.

Longbowfanatic

#9 Post by Longbowfanatic »

God speed, Tony!

Grizzly

#10 Post by Grizzly »

Thank God for answered prayers that sometimes not only heal the body but lift up our spirit in praise.

We will keep you in our prayers as often as this old brain and heart can remember that a Pastor somewhere in Kentucky has a heart in need of bodily strength to share all that he has been given with those in need of hearing. God bless you Pastor Tony.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Campfire”