10 yards.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
White Falcon

Re: 10 yards.

#21 Post by White Falcon »

I'll pick it next time I go and try it.

Grizzly

#22 Post by Grizzly »

https://www.mushroom-appreciation.com/l ... BMfPc.dpbs

You got me curious. Not curious enough to eat one, but this one sounds like it has some beneficial qualities. I wouldn't be surprised if you took it into some Chinese health food store that they wouldn't want to buy it from you. Unless of coarse the store buys everything packaged itself.

If after eating this thing for a week you suddenly notice you remember where all the things you've misplaced over the last year are, you'll really be onto something.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

White Falcon

#23 Post by White Falcon »

What!!!!

Grizzly

#24 Post by Grizzly »

They are saying that this fungus can help with memory (at least in animal tests). It is being studied and has many applications. One is preserving and maybe healing somewhat the nerves that memory and thinking travel through. They list possible areas such as Parkinson, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.

https://www.mushroom-appreciation.com/l ... Q4LlT.dpbs
Lion's mane has also been the subject of more and more medical studies in the past decade. They appear to have nerve regenerating properties, stimulating nerve growth and aiding those with cognitive impairments. Yesterday's funny looking mushroom may be part of tomorrow's dementia treatment.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/li ... m#section1
The brain’s ability to grow and form new connections typically declines with age, which may explain why mental functioning gets worse in many older adults (3Trusted Source).

Studies have found that lion’s mane mushrooms contain two special compounds that can stimulate the growth of brain cells: hericenones and erinacines (4Trusted Source).

Additionally, animal studies have found that lion’s mane may help protect against Alzheimer’s disease, a degenerative brain disease that causes progressive memory loss.

In fact, lion’s mane mushroom and its extracts have been shown to reduce symptoms of memory loss in mice, as well as prevent neuronal damage caused by amyloid-beta plaques, which accumulate in the brain during Alzheimer’s disease (5Trusted Source, 6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source, 8Trusted Source).

While no studies have analyzed whether lion’s mane mushroom is beneficial for Alzheimer’s disease in humans, it appears to boost mental functioning.

A study in older adults with mild cognitive impairment found that consuming 3 grams of powdered lion’s mane mushroom daily for four months significantly improved mental functioning, but these benefits disappeared when supplementation stopped (9Trusted Source).

The ability of lion’s mane mushroom to promote nerve growth and protect the brain from Alzheimer’s-related damage may explain some of its beneficial effects on brain health.

However, it’s important to note that most of the research has been conducted in animals or in test tubes. Therefore, more human studies are needed.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#25 Post by Grizzly »

I wonder how you test for memory loss in mice?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#26 Post by Captainkirk »

Simple. Ask them who Mickey's girlfriend is...
Aim small, miss small!

Nock

#27 Post by Nock »

Nice find on the lions mane. Love them euro skulls.
Happiness is a tight chain!

Grizzly

#28 Post by Grizzly »

Minnie, but don't ask me what my wife asked me to do an hour ago...... :?: :?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#29 Post by Captainkirk »

Grizzly wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:45 pm Minnie, but don't ask me what my wife asked me to do an hour ago...... :?: :?
Here's one for ya, Craig. A real mind bender...

Goofy is a dog, right?
So, what is Pluto then? How come Goofy can talk and Pluto only barks? What gives? :?
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#30 Post by Grizzly »

They originated in California!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to think what problems Goofy and Pluto would have if they were dreamed up today.

Return to “Campfire”