Knee surgery

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Knee surgery

#21 Post by Captainkirk »

Things I hated most...it made everything sound echo-y in my ears. Oh...and it made me chatter like a 14 year old school girl. Don't need any of that.
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

#22 Post by White Falcon »

Great!

stumper

#23 Post by stumper »

You have bee in my nightly prayers Tom. Be well.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Elkman
Site Admin

#24 Post by Elkman »

Well it's been a month since my last update. I am just passed the 6 week mark. I have been off the crutches for awhile now. I am having problems with some of the muscles firing properly, mainly the quads. It is slowing down my PT. They are doing some kind of shock therapy on my quads. It seems to be helping. There is still swelling, pain now and then, and numbness below the knee. I should be off the brace when I leave the house, but so far they want me to keep using it till I get better muscle control.
I think part of my problem is my own brain. It has been programed for 35 years to respond and change my movements and body positions to stay out off pain since the injury years ago. At times I just can't control it.
All and all I am making progress. I am up to 130 lb single leg presses and they have me doing full squats with no weight. I can tell that my leg can do more weight, but not without pain. They don't want me doing anything that causes pain in the knee.
Looks like another 6 weeks at least before I can work. We'll see.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Grizzly

#25 Post by Grizzly »

Sounds like you are doing all you can to strengthen those muscles without damaging any of the repairs.

Here's hoping you are up in those foothills and mountains scouting soon for next season.

How far are you from them? Photos of the area make me wish I'd lived near there.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#26 Post by stumper »

Thanks for update keep at it and dont lose heart.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Nock

#27 Post by Nock »

You will get there.
Happiness is a tight chain!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#28 Post by Captainkirk »

Hang tough, Tom. We're all pulling for ya.
Aim small, miss small!

Hill billy

#29 Post by Hill billy »

Sounds like your making progress . I bet you will be good by hunting season this fall :D

Greg Felty

#30 Post by Greg Felty »

Glad you are improving, you will be hunting before you know it.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Return to “Campfire”