It'll be here soon

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
EWill

It'll be here soon

#1 Post by EWill »

I have April 6-10 off for the first week of spring gobbler. I'll be using my 68" 62@28 elburg ol' tradition longbow. I've not killed a bird with a bow yet, maybe this year. I also use a barrett hunting blind big enough for the longbow. It'll soon be here.
Are the rest of you getting ready?

Greg Felty

Re: It'll be here soon

#2 Post by Greg Felty »

I have not done much turkey hunting but good luck to you. If my bow was 62 pounds i would have to throw it at them because i would never be able to draw it.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Grizzly

Re: It'll be here soon

#3 Post by Grizzly »

Me too. This old body can't even draw back my light 40 ish bows anymore. I miss turkey season and blew the only opportunities I've had to shoot a turkey with my recurves. The first time while sitting behind a natural blind, I hesitated from too many years of taking perfect double lung shots in tree stands. I'd lost that quickness I had years ago when I hunted small game more often. I thought, surely he'll stop at the decoy and I'll take the shot then, rather then when he walked by slowly. Well, he totally ignored the decoys and just walked by and never responded to my calling, trying to lure him back. He was the biggest, tallest tom I'd ever seen too. Oh well. Another time during deer season, I took a shot at a turkey from my tree stand, and I think that large Magnus two blade is still stuck in the tree limb I hit instead. :(

I hope you do better than I did and have a wonderful turkey season out there.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Campfire”