May have just sold a bow

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
jaydee2trad

May have just sold a bow

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

My son brought his two sons by to visit for a while. The two boys are 6 and 7 and pretty wild. After a bit, I asked if they wanted to shoot a bow and of course they did. So I got out two smaller bows and some reed arrows and the fun began. Finally I asked my son if he wanted so shoot my Osage bow, it is now a 45 # bow. Yep, so I got it and he was having fun as well. Finally I asked if he wanted to shoot my heaviest bow the red oak with bamboo backing. He said yes and so I got it. The first shot zipped out there and it was a perfect kill shot on the 3D deer. Then the second shot zipped in there as well. David looked back to me and said, " This one is really nice, I really like it." Then after about 20 more shots, he was talking about how he loved this thing better than his laminated bow back at his house. Now another son would have been given it right there on the spot but he has history and it hasn't been so good. He has given away things that should have never been given away and sold things that weren't his to sell. Suddenly David was asking how much for the bow. I began saying that I hadn't plan on getting rid of it since it was a heavier hunting bow. Finally I said that it was handmade and had lots of time in it and he probably wouldn't give enough to change my mind. Then he says $300 cash this Friday. I was expecting him to say $50 and I might have sold it to him for that but now it is what it is. He had sold a couple of my old very nice guns worth $700 apiece for beer money. So the routine is cash first then he gets the bow. Just never expected to sell a bow that I made. If he comes thru, I really need two new tires on my truck pretty bad. I already planned to make two bows for the boys. So I may have to make another red oak bow with bamboo backing....oh well.

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: May have just sold a bow

#2 Post by Elkman »

Sweet!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Jamesh76

#3 Post by Jamesh76 »

Love it!

Greg Felty

#4 Post by Greg Felty »

Awesome. :D :D
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly »

Way to go Jerry.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Karma...gotta love it!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”