We have to do something before we kill each other

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
jaydee2trad

We have to do something before we kill each other

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

I was working nights, 10 hr shifts with just one other worker. He was from Wisconsin and didn't have any hobbies. So I got him into fishing but then I gave him a recurve, arrows, quiver, arm guard etc. Since he had no idea about how to shoot it, I got him to meet me at our range. I soon had him shooting at the bees and other bugs as I taught him how to shoot. After he got decent at it, we began walking around the course and shooting totally from unknown distances. As his confidence got better and better, we began talking about deer hunting. So I began showing him about scouting etc and we made him a hang on stand and a single pole ladder. The work place was filled with archery and hunting as I showed him how to bowfish. He was eating it all up but then He told me that it appeared that he was moving back to Wisconsin. He came back one time and excitedly told me about how big the deer were up there. Always wondered how he did up there but he knew how to handle a recurve for sure.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: We have to do something before we kill each other

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

That is sure passing it on, JD! Nice work.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”