Good Grief!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Good Grief!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

I know I've been AWOL for some time now...most of that had to do with me having some medical issues that prevented me from hunting last year, and worse yet...shooting my bow. But having swung my leg back over the saddle and having started shooting again (and let me tell you, 'rusty' is not an adequate description!), my visits here have also increased. And I'm wondering; where did everybody go?
Let's get the chatter going, folks! After all, season is just a few months away!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Good Grief!

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

I peep in often but it’s been dead as a Baptist Association meeting.
(Pick on them since I am a Baptist Pastor)
For some reason I have to log in on each visit, it will not keep me logged in, but that doesn’t keep me from responding if there is something happening here, usually not so much.
I am shooting more regularly now, using a lighter poundage bow, and shooting few arrows at a time. If not my shoulder objects!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Tony, what browser are you using for your logins?
Many browsers (such as Firefox) have a "remember me" option which remembers your username and PW so all you need to do is go to the site.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Yep, it has the “remember me” button, and I do click it, but it’s still forgetful as I am! :lol:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

"Remember me" is only as good as your login session.
You need to log in, then go to index page, then bookmark it. Logging in with the bookmark will take to straight to the index page already logged in.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

You may be smarter than you look Captain!

dhaverstick

#7 Post by dhaverstick »

Summer turns me to squirrel hunting but I do most of that with flintlocks so I don't have much to share as of late. Been thinking about this season's arrows. I bought the fletching I'm gonna use but I'm waiting on Kevin Forrester to let me know if he can provide me with the golden mahogany shafts I want. If not then I'll use some Surewood Shafts I already have.

I bought a 4-panel Ghostblind that I am excited about trying out this fall. I bought the 6-panel shorter version this spring for turkey season and it worked like a charm. Maybe this season will be the season that I finally put an arrow in one of Dad's pets he has in the front yard all the time. Due to geography, it's hard to hunt them out of tree stand and there are not many places to set up on the ground for them either. Hopefully, the Ghostblind will be the solution!

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

Sounds like fun, Darren! I've always wondered about those ghost blinds...gimmick or the real deal?

Tony, you know the old saying..."You can't judge a bow by it's case". Or something like that!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”