What's on the menu for this season?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

What's on the menu for this season?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

What sort of hunt(s) do you have planned for this upcoming season? It's not far off! Local hunts, hunting trips, big or exotic game? Any new equipment or gear to try out this year?
Give us the scoop, please!
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

Re: What's on the menu for this season?

#2 Post by Greg Felty »

Just doing my local deer hunting this year. Hunting my 11 acres that is about 75 miles away. I plan on using my hickory self bow that i made this year.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

Captainkirk wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:40 pm What sort of hunt(s) do you have planned for this upcoming season? It's not far off! Local hunts, hunting trips, big or exotic game? Any new equipment or gear to try out this year?
Give us the scoop, please!
What about you Kirk, did you put in for the management hunt?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Greg Felty wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:38 pm What about you Kirk, did you put in for the management hunt?

Not yet; I still have until the end of August to submit my application, but I intend to.
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#5 Post by Jamesh76 »

Antelope Sept. 24-26, may also get the Whitetail /Muledeer tag incase I stumble on a Mulie. Haven’t turkey hunted in a long time debating on it this Spring. May also try to find some Hogs around March or April.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hope to take a couple trips this fall but only one that I am committed to annually. We do a Trad group hunt at Green River Lake here in Ky, happens in December, I go every year. We encourage all the stickbow shooters we can get to join us. We eat too much, tell big tales, laugh a lot, and hunt a little!
Attachments
70B7BA36-DC36-4743-98E2-52CA5CDE9FDA.jpeg
70B7BA36-DC36-4743-98E2-52CA5CDE9FDA.jpeg (175.67 KiB) Viewed 144 times

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

:lol: Sounds like a good time, Tony! How much weight do you gain on these trips?
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

:lol: You can’t beat camp cooking! And those guys I got to know on this hunt are some of the very best of cooks! I may have gained a little Kirk! :mrgreen:

Return to “Campfire”