It’s been pretty easy so far with universal gear.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Jamesh76

It’s been pretty easy so far with universal gear.

#1 Post by Jamesh76 »

I think all of you know I will hunt with a different method this year due to injury. Which means there is quite a bit of gear I need to buy for the new setup. What I am finding is the majority of what I have bought I also use or can use on a trad bow. My arrows, I kept long. Later I can remove vanes add weighted insert and feathers to shoot with a trad bow. My broadheads are magnus buzzcuts which I can again use with my traditional set up. My stalker decoy, well the attachment also works for traditional bows. My blind is the big bill 270 it’s tall enough I can shoot long bows from it. Several other things I have bought are universal and specially clothing. The only real difference I am finding is just the tool to throw an arrow. Everything else can be used when I am able again.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: It’s been pretty easy so far with universal gear.

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

I found that as well when I 'crossed over' to trad from wheelie bows, James. The methods and techniques are all the same.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

That’s true James; and you get to buy stuff!!!

Jamesh76

#4 Post by Jamesh76 »

Yeah…. I do keep buying stuff. I have 5 packs of magnus, a new bow case, arrows, spotting scope, game bags, range finder, knife and going to buy a 150 qt cooler. However. Anyone transport meat? Or get something early in the trip? I hear dry ice and I hear regular ice just keep drained. At most I will have to keep and Antelope 3 days before I come home.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Best of luck, James!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”