Welcome

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Mitch Edwards

Re: Welcome

#191 Post by Mitch Edwards »

In a sport/way of life that is so much fun why do some people have to be so up tight? Just don't make no sense

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#192 Post by Carpdaddy »

We all will differ in some areas, ain't no use getting all worked up over it. I don't like everything said but I have the option of moving on, some won't agree with things I say, they have the same option. And by the way.... EBay, compound, and Tradgang are not curse words here.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#193 Post by Captainkirk »

Mohawk wrote:
Captainkirk wrote:Welcome aboard! We'll try to overlook the fact that you know Jason. but you have our sympathies, anyway.Seriously, glad you could join us and hope you'll call this home.
Any truth to the rumors that Jason ate flies as a child? :shock:
Well, I don't recall any flies. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but you should ask him about eatin that fox. :lol:
You have my unbridled interest. Do tell....
Aim small, miss small!

Mitch Edwards

#194 Post by Mitch Edwards »

I gota hear this

Mohawk

#195 Post by Mohawk »

Captainkirk wrote:
Mohawk wrote:
Captainkirk wrote:Welcome aboard! We'll try to overlook the fact that you know Jason. but you have our sympathies, anyway.Seriously, glad you could join us and hope you'll call this home.
Any truth to the rumors that Jason ate flies as a child? :shock:
Well, I don't recall any flies. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but you should ask him about eatin that fox. :lol:
You have my unbridled interest. Do tell....
Oh my trad brother, you asked for it now. :shock:
This was probably near 25 yrs ago now. Jason and I were out cruising the country lookin for trickys ( that's what we call turkeys). We come upon a fox out in a pasture, and I just happened to have my 222 along because I shoot quite a few yotes scouting for trickys. Well ol Jason gets ahold of that rifle and let's a bullet loose, and that fox never knew what hit her. She was a young vixen, so we hauled her back to his house and skinned her out. I'm telling you, that was the prettiest light pink meat, and we just knew it was gonna be delicious. So the next day, Jason fries up a batch in his cast iron skillet. It smelled wonderful! Once it was done, he put it on a plate, and threw a chunk in his mouth. He might have chewed it once and spit it across the kitchen. In a manner of speaking, he declared it unfit for consumption. :lol:
I figured he was fibbin, so I wouldn't try it and he could have it all. So I tried it. Crust, good. Meat, tender. Taste, HORRIBLE! It was skunky to say the least, and right then and there, we swore off of eating canines. Since then, we have eaten many of Gods creatures that many folks won't even consider and have enjoyed them. However, I think we both are still on the wagon when it comes to trying to eat members of the canine family.

Mitch Edwards

#196 Post by Mitch Edwards »

Lol well then that's one I'll just look at and not try to kill. Beautiful critters though

Shadowhntr

#197 Post by Shadowhntr »

UGH....im gagging just thinking about it. ...
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Mohawk

#198 Post by Mohawk »

Carpdaddy wrote:We all will differ in some areas, ain't no use getting all worked up over it. I don't like everything said but I have the option of moving on, some won't agree with things I say, they have the same option. And by the way.... EBay, compound, and Tradgang are not curse words here.
It's taken me a long time to figure this out, but anymore I think that each person has travelled their own trails that leads them to believe what they do and form the opinions they have. I might not like their point of view, but when it comes down to it, they will not change their mind because of what I said, and I shouldn't really expect them to. I guess that's a long winded way of saying the same thing you did in your first 2 sentences Carpdaddy. :oops:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#199 Post by Carpdaddy »

Wish we had a like button, I would hit it on the fox eating post! :lol: When we were kids we ate pretty much anything we killed and we didn't pass on much. Daddy instilled in me not to kill it if you don't aim to eat it. Worst thing ever was one of them black diving ducks, meat was blue as a fish hook, awful!

Mohawk

#200 Post by Mohawk »

Carpdaddy wrote:Wish we had a like button, I would hit it on the fox eating post! :lol: When we were kids we ate pretty much anything we killed and we didn't pass on much. Daddy instilled in me not to kill it if you don't aim to eat it. Worst thing ever was one of them black diving ducks, meat was blue as a fish hook, awful!
:lol: :lol: That sounds not good! I would try to hit something like that, I'd be sure to miss.

Return to “Campfire”