Welcome

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Roadking

Re: Welcome

#201 Post by Roadking »

Just stopping in to say Hi. New to trad shooting after 30yrs shooting compounds and new to this forum. Jim Neaves referred me. Just trying to fill the bucket list before it's to late, lol.

Shadowhntr

#202 Post by Shadowhntr »

Hey alright glad to have you Bill, make yourself right at home! And thank you too Jim N.!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#203 Post by Captainkirk »

Thanks for joining us, Bill, and thanks to Jim for the referral!
Aim small, miss small!

Roadking

#204 Post by Roadking »

It's a pleasure, I'm sure I'll be chatting with him again and I will, been jumping around checking things out and learning the forum. Also trying to get into the garage and shoot the new bow as much as I can.

Shadowhntr

#205 Post by Shadowhntr »

Jim N, I really did consider hard on one of those fabulous Centaurs of yours this time, but I just had to try a whip. It was a struggle deciding. Love the looks of your bows! Some day maybe...

Shadowhntr

#206 Post by Shadowhntr »

Roadking wrote:It's a pleasure, I'm sure I'll be chatting with him again and I will, been jumping around checking things out and learning the forum. Also trying to get into the garage and shoot the new bow as much as I can.

Are you shooting Centaur?

Roadking

#207 Post by Roadking »

Shadowhntr yes I am. I received my Chimera (60" 47@28) right after x-mass. Now remember I'm a true beginner to trad, however I have shot a few, own 2 others and this thing is awesome! Did my 1st indoor 3d Sat and well maybe my score from a numbers stand point wasn't so great (170) but I had a ball. Quite a few guys came up and asked what I was shooting, each one came up because they couldn't believe how quiet it was, and how quick it seemed it was spitting down range. I guess you can say I'm happy, because I ordered another one. Next one will be the Triple elite.

Roadking

#208 Post by Roadking »

I did consider the whip, how do you like yours?

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#209 Post by Carpdaddy »

Shadow doesn't have his in hand yet, just ordered, it has to come to Ky first for quality control check. I'm thinking your new Centaur needs to do the same thing! Do you need my address? :lol: :lol: Seriously though, both fine looking bows with top of the line reputations. I have never shot either but those Centaur risers are over the top in appearance, also just look like they would fit my hand! You guys got to move closer so I can shoot them both! :mrgreen:

Shadowhntr

#210 Post by Shadowhntr »

Thanks CD! Lol!

Man I wrestled with myself hard about the Centaur. I STILL want one. In the end that 1-1.5 year waiting list made me lean to the Toelke.

Return to “Campfire”