Spring bear hunt walk along!!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Stickflingers

Spring bear hunt walk along!!

#1 Post by Stickflingers »

Hello fellow Stickflingers!
First off...Thank you Larry for this opportunity and new fresh site! This is gonna be fun!
Thought it might be fun to walk along side us here at "Stickflingers...(Manitoba Bowhunts)" as the season approaches and as the first bears are taken at my new bowhunting only camp. 13 hunters are booked for their adventure and everything is falling into place.
Manitoba has a very good bear management program in place only allowing a limited amount of non-resident hunters per year based on area. I have been lucky enough to purchase rights to 250 sq. miles of the Porcupine hills here in Manitoba to take 16 hunters on baited bear hunts.
There are 15 baits that I've baited and have been established since late last summer and 2 or 3 more to put in this spring. I have 3-5 hunters per week allowing very good stand selection and the ability to not over-hunt specific baits.
The previous owners only utilized half of the area which is exciting as "non-hunted" areas are always attractive to those of us with sticks in hand.
Join us as we follow up to 16 hunters chase bears this spring. Fingers crossed...tic...tic..tic....melt snow melt!!!

RUSTY

Re: Spring bear hunt walk along!!

#2 Post by RUSTY »

Good to see ya on here Ryan!!! Welcome!!
Rusty

"If we must die, we die defending our rights!"-Sitting Bull <---<<<

Jim Neaves

#3 Post by Jim Neaves »

Good to have you here Ryan.
I went to your website yesterday and checked it all out. I liked the page with the videos and watched quite a few of them. Looks like you have some prime area up there! I enjoyed watching you hunt with your Dad's old Red Wing Hunter recurve and your longbow. Maybe someday we will be able to meet in bear camp!

Jim

Margly

#4 Post by Margly »

Welcome Ryan .)

I`m gonna shoot you a email for spring 2012.
(I`m working on convincing a couple of friends here in Norway to join me!)

Margly
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are !

AWPForester

#5 Post by AWPForester »

Can't wait

TradRat

#6 Post by TradRat »

Welcome and good to have you here!
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

BEL007

#7 Post by BEL007 »

Right on Ryan. Let 'em roar... um roll....
Best regards,
Brian

AWPForester

#8 Post by AWPForester »

Well I will tell you one thing, it was very cool watching you kill those bears with trad gear and WOW! what bears they were. You have got an awesome spot there and expect to start hearing your name whenever big bears are talked about. Quality operation

Stickflingers

#9 Post by Stickflingers »

Thanks guys .... would love to share a campfire with all of you! Guess this is kinda the same.

Jim.....love those bows of yours! I shot one only once and was so impressed I've made an effort to stay away for fear of addiction and money loss!! I'm planning on winning one here eventually anyways...or...if you did make it to camp you could always bring one to "accidently" leave!

Stay tuned....Ryan

Tradman

#10 Post by Tradman »

welcome aboard ryan...glad youre here.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Return to “Campfire”