3 Under

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
String Cutter

3 Under

#1 Post by String Cutter »

Anyone here shoot 3 under also. I had been shooting split for about 10yrs til one day I got a wild hair to try 3 under... What a real differance it has made in my shooting! I wish I would have done it years ago. My groups have really tightened up. Aslong as I don't pluck the string and tork my wrist I am not missing left or right any more. Practice has become a real joy once more.

Tradman

Re: 3 Under

#2 Post by Tradman »

i tried it for a day but i am sticking to split,but hey...if it works then more power to ya.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

cyberscout

#3 Post by cyberscout »

String Cutter -
I have tried 3under {apache} a little bit and found it to be easy to hit with*. I can see why a lot of people, especially starting out in tradbow would prefer it. I aways end up back with split finger [med]{because for me}, I feel I have more control over the arrow when hunting.
Scout

* quicker learning curve.

Red Tailed Hawk

#4 Post by Red Tailed Hawk »

went from split to 3 under and now back to split. Think i will be staying with split. quieter bow, and better for distance shots.
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.

Hawk

#5 Post by Hawk »

Switched to 3 under after shooting split for 50 years, it works great for me, I will stick with it, tighter groups right off the bat!

Greywolf

#6 Post by Greywolf »

With 3 under? Do you use the point of your arrow somewhere? I mean you put the tip, say for instance 6 inches below where you want to hit at say..15 yards?

So that means I have to also know the yardage too? I suck big time at guessing yardage ! That is part of the reason I shoot split finger. I developed a lesson plan for shooting 3 -20 yards so I don't have to guess the yardage figer out where to hold then be able to do it because, I'm to busy controlling my breathing, shakes, trying to keep the arrow on the rest, move and not be seen. :lol:
But I do admit I do use the point on for that "Wow,thats a far shot" shot which I guestimate to be about 30 yards, darn near farther than I can see LOL.

Thoughts?
You never get a second chance to make a first great shot.

Tradman

#7 Post by Tradman »

I have mastered the art of long shot attempts...close my eyes and pray. :arrow: :? :mrgreen:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Greywolf

#8 Post by Greywolf »

Larry wrote:I have mastered the art of long shot attempts...close my eyes and pray. :arrow: :? :mrgreen:
Where I come from it's corn bread and chicken but we call that...... Hail Mary... or duck and cover.... I foget which :o
You never get a second chance to make a first great shot.

Badenoch

#9 Post by Badenoch »

I tried three under a couple times but just could never get real comfortable with it. So, I stick with split.
Take care,
Jeff

bronco2

#10 Post by bronco2 »

i shoot split but i am going to try 3 under again. just to give it another try. i think split is just human instinct for me. but will try anything for better accuracy. thanks, denny

Return to “Campfire”