Whitetails: What's in your pack?

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
Dan

Re: Whitetails: What's in your pack?

#21 Post by Dan »

I just pee out of my stand. Never seemed to make a difference as far as I can tell. Figure pee probly smells like pee what ever it happens to come from. I usually have a pocket knife, a fixed blade knife, small gerber saw, 20 feet or so of 550 cord, a mini mag light. If i plan on being out more than a few hours i may bring a snack and a cup
of coffee

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#22 Post by Carpdaddy »

I have heard from several that it doesn't matter, that the deer only know that there is a predator or meat eater somewhere. Who really knows for sure, deer are unpredictable, one may respond totally different than the next. If I am hunting the same area somewhat regularly then I wouldn't want to leave any more of my sent than totally necessary, if like me you don't hunt the same place much then I may whiz after coming down preparing to leave.

Kybownut

#23 Post by Kybownut »

Just a reminder, my brother in law that I requested prayer for that was in the 4 wheeler accident dosent own a cell phone. He told another friend of mine he sure wished he had one when he wrecked. He was there nearly 6 hrs before anyone found him and he said he kept praying ... Lord send me an angel then two guys riding horses found him and very few people use that trail. They had a cell phone and called for help. He said he was gonna buy him a phone when he got better !

Gamestalker

#24 Post by Gamestalker »

All this talk about peeing....

I learned a long time ago to limit my intake of fluids & my output of fluids is far reduced. During bow season, when I'm going to be sitting in a stand for long periods I don't drink more than a couple swallows in the morning. I also never take any drinks with me. This make me purposely kind of dehydrated. Firearms season is different. Especially after the first couple days, I will drink coffee & then pee wherever I need to.

A related, but interesting story....
My son decided one afternoon to go sit in a ladder stand that I have out back of the house. He was in tha stand & the woods were quiet. Then, all of a sudden he heard the sound of water dribbling onto the leaves in front of him. When he realized what the sound was he looked up. There is a large nest up high above & a little ways in front of the ladder stand. (lucky for him that it is far enough in front!) Whatever was in the nest had urinated & yellow rain was falling!
I haven't gone to check, but I know that we have some raccoons living in the area. I'm thinking that's probably what was in the nest.
Can you imagine having that nest directly above you? Yuk! Lol

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#25 Post by Captainkirk »

Would kind of dampen your spirits.......
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#26 Post by Carpdaddy »

If it is a coon stay out of the way, that stuff STINKS!!

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”