Stuff I learned about hunting while hunting

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Stuff I learned about hunting while hunting

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

** All those big bucks you got on your trail cam before season are completely useless. The only reason those big bucks let you get their picture is to protect their smaller friends. They know you will pass on those once you have their picture.

Graps

#12 Post by Graps »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That explains it .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#13 Post by Carpdaddy »

During gun season the bright orange gets hunters disoriented, they tend to get lost and wonder onto your property. Often they will wander by your stand and look up to ask if your doing any good.

Crazynate

#14 Post by Crazynate »

Carpdaddy wrote:** All those big bucks you got on your trail cam before season are completely useless. The only reason those big bucks let you get their picture is to protect their smaller friends. They know you will pass on those once you have their picture.
lol this is probably true and this is why I try my best to be politically correct by being an equal opportunity hunter. Smaller bucks need love too. I really try to let them walk by but they usually don't get to far.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Graps

#15 Post by Graps »

When hunting in a late season antlerless only area , you cant get a shot at a doe because the antlered bucks will stand in the way .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

If you want to see the biggest buck of your life up close and personal, fill your buck tag and keep hunting...
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote:If you want to see the biggest buck of your life up close and personal, fill your buck tag and keep hunting...
Now DAT'S DE TROOF! :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#18 Post by Carpdaddy »

Shadowhntr wrote:If you want to see the biggest buck of your life up close and personal, fill your buck tag and keep hunting...
Amen!

Graps

#19 Post by Graps »

If you arrow a deer on top of a hill , it will run down the hill in the opposite direction that you need to drag it out .

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#20 Post by Carpdaddy »

If there is a limb, no matter how small, anywhere between you and the Deer, your arrow will find it!

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”