Back, Bow, or No Quiver

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.

How do you prefer to carry arrows when Hunting?

Back Quiver
8%
Side Quiver
8%
Bow Quiver
50%
Other
33%

Total votes: 12

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Back, Bow, or No Quiver

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

I have a Big Jim strap on, I like it pretty good for a bow Quiver. Had a Selway slide on type, Little on heavy side, I shipped it out to Jose the last time we had a pass it on drawing. I use the old quickie Quiver on my bottom limb with a Big Jim on top mostly when using a bow Quiver. Got homemade, store bought, back, side, and bow, still in search of a better mousetrap! As you can see in the first picture, I have a mount on my climbing stand, that’s where it stays when using the climber.
Attachments
photo jul 12, 1 39 22 pm.jpg
photo jul 12, 1 39 22 pm.jpg (161.91 KiB) Viewed 901 times

stumper

#12 Post by stumper »

I honestly think that the great northern side kick might be exactly what I’m looking for. Ridgity and security of a bow mount quiver without being on the bow.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Longtrad

#13 Post by Longtrad »

give it a try Dave! I think I would really like a bolt on quiver but I can't bring myself to drill holes in my gear.

I like shooting a bow better without anything attached to it but when hunting I'd rather have it on the bow than attached to my body.

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

Longtrad wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:54 am give it a try Dave! I think I would really like a bolt on quiver but I can't bring myself to drill holes in my gear.

I like shooting a bow better without anything attached to it but when hunting I'd rather have it on the bow than attached to my body.
Im the same way.... I think im gonna have to give it a shot.

Shadowhntr

#15 Post by Shadowhntr »

I love the Eagles Flight Archery 3 arrow bow quivers. I have 2 of different sorts but love them both. I like the ones with the kick back lower and without the stabilizer between the ends. I've used many quivers, several of each type. I like these quivers better then anything else.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#16 Post by stumper »

Shadowhntr wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:11 am I love the Eagles Flight Archery 3 arrow bow quivers. I have 2 of different sorts but love them both. I like the ones with the kick back lower and without the stabilizer between the ends. I've used many quivers, several of each type. I like these quivers better then anything else.
I like the price of Eagles flight archery 3. Glad they are good, Might give them a once over.

Longtrad

#17 Post by Longtrad »

I have heard the efa are top notch. They re next on my list to try.

stumper

#18 Post by stumper »

Just told my wife I want the efa apache for my bday. cant beat 60 dollar osage color quiver.

Graps

#19 Post by Graps »

Sounds reasonable to me. ;)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#20 Post by stumper »

That single arrow quiver actually looks pretty awesome too!

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”