What kind of a snack do you take to the stand?

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
jaydee2trad

What kind of a snack do you take to the stand?

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

Drink.. pretty much just water these days. used to take a bottle of soda but that just made me need to go more often.
Food.... sometimes a peanut butter sandwich (always figured that it would smeel good to them). jerky some, cookies, maybe a candybar, granola bars, a ziploc of grapes or even an apple. Always have some sort of hard candy to help keep coughs down as well as for breath. Back in the ole hard core days, I didn't take anything, just toughed it out. But then I got my first fanny pack that finally ended up with a back pack which meant more stuff to carry LOL. :lol:

Jamesh76

Re: What kind of a snack do you take to the stand?

#2 Post by Jamesh76 »

A pocket full of peanuts.

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

Coffee and a pecan pie.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Usually water and a granola bar. I always take some peeled apple slices as well. Works great to stave off the tummy rumbles and also as a good mouth deodorizer according to Charlie Alsheimer. (Deer & Deer Hunting mag)
It's not really critical as I don't stat out more than 3-4 hours at a time any more due to my back.
Aim small, miss small!

jaydee2trad

#5 Post by jaydee2trad »

Captainkirk wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:49 am Usually water and a granola bar. I always take some peeled apple slices as well. Works great to stave off the tummy rumbles and also as a good mouth deodorizer according to Charlie Alsheimer. (Deer & Deer Hunting mag)
It's not really critical as I don't stat out more than 3-4 hours at a time any more due to my back.
That is why I brush in my stands so well now, to hide my movements when I have to because of my back

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Often nothing, more in recent years, sometimes mini candy bar. My favorite is all natural almonds in pocket to slip one out on occasion.

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”