Flatline Bows

Forum rules
Be fair.
hornfrog

Re: Flatline Bows

#11 Post by hornfrog »

That's a lot of pressure CD. You know he's still hunting some. It would be nice if you would get one with the frog or kirk bow. :)
"Nothing wrong with the quiet."

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#12 Post by Carpdaddy »

I will be after them again after they settle down from the still going gun season. Big Dude just text me from a mountain and said he just had a decent buck about like his last years pass by him, he's waiting for ole big daddy since he is gun hunting. I have had some opportunities but failed, my grandson made up for me though. My hunting is limited due to being a caregiver, I only get to take short trips, for short periods of time, and only evenings. But I will enjoy what I can when I can and if I get one that will be a bonus.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:My hunting is limited due to being a caregiver, I only get to take short trips, for short periods of time, and only evenings. But I will enjoy what I can when I can and if I get one that will be a bonus.
That sounds like my kind of hunting, CD. I hate the self-imposed pressure of "dawn 'til dusk"
and what it puts me through physically and mentally. A video I watched once made a very good point...the host said "Hunting is supposed to be fun. If that means taking a break to warm up, fill your belly or take a cat nap, there's nothing wrong with that"
I realized that he was right. It's not a life-or death situation (for us, anyway). Take your time, hunt when you can, and don't hunt when you shouldn't.
I applaud you for your efforts as a caregiver. That is one of the hardest jobs in the world, along with parenting (or in our case, grand-parenting on the accelerated schedule)
There is no deer in the woods worth more than the happiness and well-being of a loved one.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#14 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good point Kirk, I am also a grand parenting, he's ten now and been with me all his life, that's why sometimes I use the term son and sometimes grandson. He began calling me Dad many years ago and I have just accepted that roll. He also requires much of my time with school, sports, and other dad stuff. The caregiving part though is much more challenging, I won't get into that though. I would love to take another hunting trip though, just a few days to relax in a tree and watch nature, a deer would be a bonus. But I will take what I can get and right now that's a few evenings along.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#15 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote:Good point Kirk, I am also a grand parenting, he's ten now and been with me all his life, that's why sometimes I use the term son and sometimes grandson. He began calling me Dad many years ago and I have just accepted that roll. He also requires much of my time with school, sports, and other dad stuff. The caregiving part though is much more challenging, I won't get into that though. I would love to take another hunting trip though, just a few days to relax in a tree and watch nature, a deer would be a bonus. But I will take what I can get and right now that's a few evenings along.
My hat's off to you. My youngest son/daughter-in-law and granddaughter live with us, but mom and dad are always working or busy, and when they're not, they are generally tired or grouchy. I held this little girl ten minutes after she came into the world and she's lived in my home ever since. She looks to Grandma and Grandpa first for her needs and we take care of her as if she was our own daughter. When they do finally move out I'm afraid I'll be the one that will have a problem with it. :?
You are doing the right thing. Take time when you can and reward yourself As for the times you can't...you will be rewarded for that later on, I guarantee you.
Aim small, miss small!

Jose

#16 Post by Jose »

Lou, thanks for the kind words! I hope that bow works as good for you as it did for me!.....I did love that bow but know you like it just as much. At least it is at a good home. :lol:

hornfrog

#17 Post by hornfrog »

I believe it does Jose. I've truly enjoyed it and make sure it gets up early in the morning and goes to bed not long after dark. :D
"Nothing wrong with the quiet."

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#18 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hornfrog mentioned the bow being 68" and shooting it from a stand, are either of you using a climbing stand or hang on with no rail around you. I know that it can be done if the bows lower limb comes down inside the rails, I was just curious.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

Flatline Bows LLC wrote:Lou, thanks for the kind words! I hope that bow works as good for you as it did for me!.....I did love that bow but know you like it just as much. At least it is at a good home. :lol:
What makes you think Lou gave it a good home?
I heard he won't even feed it.... :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#20 Post by Carpdaddy »

He has the bow out in a tree this morning trying to fed it what it seems to want! It's a meat eater.

Return to “Product Review”