DEAD RINGER® HAMMOCK SEAT?

Forum rules
Be fair.
Gamestalker

Re: DEAD RINGER® HAMMOCK SEAT?

#21 Post by Gamestalker »

Ok, I need to retract my only complaint about this seat.
I've been using it about every time out since gun season opened. The more that use it (the learning curve) the more I realized that I just hadn't been attaching it high enough on the tree. :oops: I'm 5'10" tall & for me the correct height to strap the seat to the tree seems to be just about chest high, or about 6" below shoulder height. Since I learned that, the seat works better than I thought it did. :roll:

I'm glad I haven't contacted the company yet to give them my feedback. I still plan to do so, but it'll be more on the positive note.
I had mentioned a small carabiner for hooking it to you for carrying. I do want to suggest to them that they add a second carabiner loop to the bottom of the bag so that you could have it hang horizontally across your back. This would keep it from swinging while you walk & won't be hitting brush or your leg.

That's it..... I just wish I had found something like this years ago! 8-)

eidsvolling

#22 Post by eidsvolling »

There is NO more comfortable way to sit in deadly stillness for long periods of time than the Hammock Seat. The worst thing about it is that your snoring might startle a P&Y buck or bull as he walks by.

I have sat in this seat for hours at a time on hunts. I have shot hundreds of arrows in practice from this seat. I haven't killed anything yet from it, but that is not the fault of the seat.

As mentioned immediately above, it's important to get the height right during setup. Once you've done it in a variety of situations, it will come more naturally. I take mine along on stumping sessions for that reason.

Shadowhntr

#23 Post by Shadowhntr »

Awesome. Two voices of experience with thumbs up. Sure makes purchasing one a mind ease. Thanks for sharing!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#24 Post by Captainkirk »

eidsvolling wrote:There is NO more comfortable way to sit in deadly stillness for long periods of time than the Hammock Seat. The worst thing about it is that your snoring might startle a P&Y buck or bull as he walks by.

I have sat in this seat for hours at a time on hunts. I have shot hundreds of arrows in practice from this seat. I haven't killed anything yet from it, but that is not the fault of the seat.

As mentioned immediately above, it's important to get the height right during setup. Once you've done it in a variety of situations, it will come more naturally. I take mine along on stumping sessions for that reason.
eidsvolling...eidsvolling...I know you from somewhere. Help me out.
Aim small, miss small!

eidsvolling

#25 Post by eidsvolling »

Captainkirk wrote:
eidsvolling wrote:There is NO more comfortable way to sit in deadly stillness for long periods of time than the Hammock Seat. The worst thing about it is that your snoring might startle a P&Y buck or bull as he walks by.

TG and/or TBM, most likely. (Possibly Marlin Owners, but far less active there.)

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#26 Post by Captainkirk »

eidsvolling wrote:
Captainkirk wrote:

TG and/or TBM, most likely. (Possibly Marlin Owners, but far less active there.)
I'm on Marlin owners, but new there. Probably TG.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Product Review”