Used Bear

Forum rules
Be fair.
stumper

Used Bear

#1 Post by stumper »

Can’t decide if I want another bear bow or another from Mike and Maddog or maybe testing the waters with Omega. What is a good place to buy a used bear bow do you all like the footed shaft or RMS all suggestions welcome.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Used Bear

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Dave, I got 3 used Bears off eBay and one off forum classifieds. If you know what to look for you can easily save a hundred bucks or more on eBay.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#3 Post by stumper »

I know bows decently well but what do you look for Capt?
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Crazynate

#4 Post by Crazynate »

eBay is a good place to look. You have to be fast and keep your eye out but sometimes you can find good deals. I have only bought 1 bow off eBay butbi see deals on there all the time. I have. A few Bears for sale right now. What are you looking for?
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

I always have to search the in stock bows at "Traditional Archery Sales". He has a whole section of nothing but Bear bows.

Also, I've delt with both RMS, and The Footed Shaft. I liked both places as both are very nice and helpful people.

Another place to shop at that sometimes has a few bows is "Big Jim's" used bow section.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#6 Post by Longtrad »

My vote is to try something new and see what the omega is all anout

Shadowhntr

#7 Post by Shadowhntr »

I can tell you I've wanted an Omega since I searched about them. I only went with Maddog, because of the more custom option features, and because Mike is a retired Air Forceman and a fine gentleman . No doubt Omega is a very hard hitting accurate longbow and Kegan knows what he's doing.

The original is fast, but has a bit more perceived handshock as a result...however I've not heard anyone complaining about it. A bit heavier arrow would tame that lil bit of shock im sure.

I'd probably choose the imperial for myself. I like a smooth feeling bow but still with good speed. This one is butter from what I understand. It states it's a target special....but I've seen way to many harvest pics with this bow to believe it's only for target.
The cherry on top....you can get an unfinished bow quite a bit cheaper and finish it yourself. That's what would do if I got one and I'd use Thunderbird epoxy.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

dahyer wrote:I know bows decently well but what do you look for Capt?
Dave, here you go:

http://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/fo ... 761#p17761
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Product Review”