One year later. (Slick Stick)

Forum rules
Be fair.
Graps

Re: One year later. (Slick Stick)

#11 Post by Graps »

That scope looking thing is a string tracker made by Drifter Archery. It is a leather pouch that holds a spool of thread that is tied to the tip of the arrow.
When you shoot, it pays out like a fishing rig only not as heavy of string.
tracker.jpg
tracker.jpg (12.4 KiB) Viewed 514 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#12 Post by stumper »

The string tracker from drifter archery is amazing. Second The arrow had a rubber blunt and yes I was shoot towards the house at a little green foam block.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Elkman
Site Admin

#13 Post by Elkman »

I thought you were fixing to take out a poor defenseless turtle. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

Lol that’s a football.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#15 Post by Carpdaddy »

Your a brave man Dave, and obviously a better shot than I am, I get too many strays, I see my arrow flying right through the glass!! 😆 Good review.

Shadowhntr

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Always had a hankering for the slick stick or the quick stick once I stumbled across them. I ALMOST bought one when I decided on the Maddog. I like the Maddog but hind sight being 20/20 I kinda wish I'd of gotten a Bodnik. The Maddog is a good bow for sure and definitely does a good job on deer, laying aside the finish problems we've encountered....but I've always been somewhat curious about the Bodnik as well as Omega.

Good review Dave. Considering the Bodnik is working along side some top of the line customs, that says a lot about the little bows.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#17 Post by stumper »

Yeah so I will say that I love my pp but its not even in the same league as the Bodnik. The finish on the Bodnik is a strong matte finish that is extemely durable. My pp has finish issues and I hardly use it. I tend to bring the Bodnik as a back up on every single hunt, which means it actually gets the most field time of any bow I have. It’s also my all weather bow, if the weather is foul I will take it as the primary which has happened several times. My friend also has one and wants to do a hunt where we both use the same bow, so I might actually be using it full time this season.

Yeah it’s hard to believe but it is on par with a lot of the bows I own. Sure you do not get the home made beautiful custom work of a custom bow. But it certainly shoots just as good. I would definitely recommend picking one up.

Return to “Product Review”