Elkseeker. A review of sorts.

Forum rules
Be fair.
stumper

Re: Elkseeker. A review of sorts.

#31 Post by stumper »

After these initial shots I grew more adventurous and started taking shots from all over the yard. Below is a picture of my third group at 25 yards and I think the bow is mostly to blame. I have affectionately dubbed Tom’s bow Goldilocks because it’s just right in every way. No shock, great speed (gonna put it on a chrono here shortly), perfect price point, and smoother than a baby’s bottom.

I have shot a ton of different bows and few can stack up with this bow. I can save you all some time, skip the bears, the big Jim’s, the hills, and others just give Tom a call. The only bad thing about this bow is that it has to go back. I’ll take a few more shots in the coming days and I am sure that before long I’ll have an elkseeker on my wall.

To Tom,
You originally told me you wanted to get this bow into more hands to figure out what you had. Here’s your answer: you have something special. Thanks for sending this my way.

More details to report soon.
Attachments
8E930F5E-EFE0-41BE-817B-4DEBFB05795E.jpeg
8E930F5E-EFE0-41BE-817B-4DEBFB05795E.jpeg (184.15 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#32 Post by Graps »

I wasn't exaggerating about that bow , was I. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#33 Post by Carpdaddy »

OH come on now, you can’t send that bow back without Blood on it! Somebody’s got to take it hunting!

stumper

#34 Post by stumper »

Carpdaddy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:14 pm OH come on now, you can’t send that bow back without Blood on it! Somebody’s got to take it hunting!
I think that job is for Tom himself lol, though I'd be totally willing. Thanks for your patients guys. WORK has been crazy and I can't wait to transition to my new role.... can't come soon enough. Anyway building a couple of strings tonight and I'm going to go over the elk seeker inch by inch and take an I depth look at the construction. Then tomorrow I'm hoping to get this puppy on a chrono to finish my review. I am really getting depressed at the thought of sending it home probably this Thursday if finished. Otherwise it will be sometime next week. I want to thank Tom for trusting some random guy with his beautiful creation. This really has been a pleasure. This whole site is just a line back to my sanity.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#35 Post by Graps »

Don't worry Dave, you don't have to be crazy to be on this site.
We'll teach you. :roll: :twisted: :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#36 Post by Shadowhntr »

I'm trying really hard to stay away from this thread....but I cant seem to. Tom's bows drew me from the first I laid eyes on them. I can see from the build they are not the average bow. Not long ago I spent a good chunk of change on a Toelke that I'm totally in love with and told my wife I'd spend that much to have a bow I'd be satisfied with in every way. Truely I am satisfied as such, so I dont really know why I want an Elk Seeker so dang bad! I dont think Mama would ever go for it....esp when I've fairly recently dropped 1k on CCW's. Oh the agony!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#37 Post by Graps »

You know Jason, I think that bow should be sent to you next for your review. :roll:
It killed me to part with it. :(

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#38 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:21 pm You know Jason, I think that bow should be sent to you next for your review. :roll:
I agree with this. :D
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#39 Post by Shadowhntr »

Lol....its not up to me but I wouldn't turn that opportunity down!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Elkman
Site Admin

#40 Post by Elkman »

Thanks Dave for doing this review. ☺
You guys have no idea how much it means to me to hear your kind remarks in regards to my bows.😢
Thank you very much! ;)
Captainkirk wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 am
Graps wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:21 pm You know Jason, I think that bow should be sent to you next for your review. :roll:
I agree with this. :D
Shadowhntr wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:12 am Lol....its not up to me but I wouldn't turn that opportunity down!
This can be arranged. But I'll need to muster up some more funds for postage to get it back after your done.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Product Review”