DIY heater body suit

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Gamestalker

Re: DIY heater body suit

#11 Post by Gamestalker »

Carpdaddy wrote:One thing I was expecting with the name heater body suit was some type of battery operated heating coils sewn in the layers. I don't think it would be necessary with the materials used in this construction it was just my first impression when I read the title. Haven't watched all the videos yet but very interesting build, sure could have used something like this in my younger days sitting and shivering in a stand.
I was thinking the same thing.... where was the heater.

Ron, how many hours do you figure it took you to make this suit. I know a "first run" would take longer, so how many hours do you think it would take to make another one?
I'm just thinking, if you figure your time is worth something what would the cost of this suit be compared to one commercially made? I like your result, but I'm not sure that I would try to make one.... but then again, I might. ;)

Ron Kulas

Re: DIY heater body suit

#12 Post by Ron Kulas »

When I made it I spent a lot of time generating the pattern. That’s what took the bulk of the time. I started the project on the 11 of Dec and finished it on the 29th but took several days off during the Christmas break and I mostly only worked on it in the evenings or on weekends. In the 2 ½ weeks I worked on it Im guessing I have 40 hours in it and the hood and vest and bag, etc.
The Joy is in the doing.

Return to “DIY section”