Removable truck bed lights

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Ron Kulas

Removable truck bed lights

#1 Post by Ron Kulas »

The DIY tonneau has the truck bed pretty dark now so Im adding some bed lighting but I didnt care to hard wire lights to the electrical system and the battery powered kits seemed over priced and both seemed to be of singular use. I hoped to make the lights have multiple uses for things like tracking deer or when you need a road-side light or any other reason I would need a light so I made my own multi purpose bed light system.

Here is a video detailing the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eABNuvqVNC8
The Joy is in the doing.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Removable truck bed lights

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Cool!
Aim small, miss small!

Ron Kulas

#3 Post by Ron Kulas »

The silly clips have taken off. We set out to solve our truck bed lighting issue but were contacted by a lot of people looking for the same solution as well as bowfishermen and campers.

The Joy is in the doing.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

It certainly is a great idea. Very handy and much less work than wiring lights, being able to remove and use the lights elsewhere just adds to it.

Ron Kulas

#5 Post by Ron Kulas »

Yes, blood trailing or tire changing or any reason a guy would need a flashlight. Making things we use our-self makes it possible to make them smarter.
The Joy is in the doing.

Return to “DIY section”