High end archery equipment

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Longtrad

High end archery equipment

#1 Post by Longtrad »

When it comes to archery, for me, only the best will do. That is why I am often forced to make my own gear.

take for example this super fancy and very high end shelf/strike plate I created.

works like a charm. :lol:

Anyone else like to make their own gear? feel free to share your inventions.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: High end archery equipment

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

You is high tech fur sure! I thought it was a sight pin at first.

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Lol.....you hooked me with the title! Isnt that called click bait? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I should have known better with you always being so crafty and thrifty. You and a few others on here have that knack for sure.

I think I could be way more so if I really needed to be. I problem solve, design, and fabricate, mainly metal projects, all the time at work. I get spoiled so much because I know there are high quality tools to do those jobs with, to make it easier and the end product a professional looking piece, so I make request for them tools and often get them. I also admit I'm a radical perfectionist, and all this carries over into my personal life as well. So I often dont fit the mold of the do it yourself world that tends to go along with the trad folks.

I envy you guys that can be so thrifty to get things to work. I have never really developed that ability, at least so as I could be still satisfied with the outcome. In survival mode, I can do a lot of things....but I'm guilty as heck for having a taste for high quality things. Even trapping for instance...I can snare, or build effective deadfalls with little material or cost.... Yet I have tubs and tubs full of top notch steel footholds and body grips that run $20-$30 a piece. I could have went much cheaper, but honestly there are certain advantages with the expensive ones. It all depends on what the item is, because I do go cheap where I can.
For my time savings, picky perfectionist attitude for my own personal stuff, and we make a decent living...so I often opt to just buy. I know it's not as cool or artsy, but its my reality. If I can't afford it, I generally go without, but I have been known to make some things if Its really a need and not just a want.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

haha :) sorry to trick you guys, I was feeling silly and thought I'd give you all a laugh.

I just wanted a quick rest to test the bow and make sure it was a shooter before I put the work into refinishing it. I was a bit surprised at how well it worked though.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Oh it is funny, and I certainly got a good chuckle! Its awesome you got it to work too! I wouldn't have ever thought to do that!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Clever! It it works, you can't argue with success.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

Ok Tony.....im almost afraid to ask..... :P

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

Okay; I built the bow, the red dot lazer pointer has nothing to do with me! :lol: 8-) :lol: I just got the picture sent to me last night from one of our members. I think he got bored and decided to tinker a little. :roll: I'm looking forward to his input later. :ugeek:

Jose

#10 Post by Jose »

Longtrad wrote:When it comes to archery, for me, only the best will do. That is why I am often forced to make my own gear.

take for example this super fancy and very high end shelf/strike plate I created.

works like a charm. :lol:
:shock: ....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone else like to make their own gear? feel free to share your inventions.

Return to “DIY section”