Wing Bone Turkey Calls

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Wing Bone Turkey Calls

#11 Post by Captainkirk »

Those turned out beautiful!
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#12 Post by Greg Felty »

Grant does an awesome job on the calls.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

White Falcon

#13 Post by White Falcon »

Thanks all. Top one has found a new home.

Lowcountry

#14 Post by Lowcountry »

I like to make those as well, but I've never tried wrapping them. Yours look much nicer. I can't call worth hoot on wing bone calls, but I do enjoy making them.
Attachments
IMG_0695.jpeg
IMG_0695.jpeg (26.35 KiB) Viewed 312 times

Lowcountry

#15 Post by Lowcountry »

I've done some Turtle shell calls as well. They sound like a turkey, but they don't project or ring out like a closed slate call.
Attachments
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG (23.33 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Lowcountry

#16 Post by Lowcountry »

I made the small one for my daughter. It is about as squeaky as you can get, and really is more of a novelty, but she liked.
Attachments
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG (22.6 KiB) Viewed 313 times

White Falcon

#17 Post by White Falcon »

They look fine. P.M. sent

Lowcountry

#18 Post by Lowcountry »

White Falcon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:52 pm They look fine. P.M. sent
I didn't receive any PM from anyone.

Grizzly

#19 Post by Grizzly »

Those are truly works of art. Beautiful. I don't think I ever saw one for sale at the shows here or I might have tried one. When I was gearing up to try my hand at turkeys I bought a handmade slate call with a corn cob handle on an acrylic rod and that was my favorite call. Used it more than the box calls. Wish I'd gotten to play with or make a wing call now.

I'm not sure which I enjoyed most? Was it when Dad took me hunting with an old Winchester Model 37 20ga single shot and I'd keep a 2nd shell between my fingers as I tried to hit a rabbit or a squirrel running around a tree top or a grouse darting through the trees or maybe turkey hunting as an adult? It would certainly be turkey hunting if Dad could have been there with me. I did get to go with another family though. Sometimes with one of their youngsters and sometimes together as a family unit - except they would break off the hunt for those darn mushrooms everyone loves around here.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Sean

#20 Post by Sean »

Just amazes me. You guys are something.

Return to “DIY section”