Built a tool

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
elkslayer4x5

Built a tool

#1 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Had part of a repurposed shelf leftover and needed this, routed it yesterday, glues dry. Know why I made it :?: :)
tool.jpg
tool.jpg (46.29 KiB) Viewed 785 times
parts.jpg
parts.jpg (6.22 KiB) Viewed 785 times

EWill

Re: Built a tool

#2 Post by EWill »

Um, it looks like two pieces of wood and two knitting needles, no clue what your making.🤔

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Got me stumped 🤔!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Clueless here...
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#5 Post by Greg Felty »

:?: :?: :?:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

elkslayer4x5

#6 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

To be fair I really should have included more information. The board is 34 " long and 9 7/8 wide, the two 9" pieces of an old Easton 2018 are 31 apart, the two 4" pieces on the back side are to give the board a little slope so that I can roll full length wooden shafts across it to locate any bends. I made a video of the shafts rolling across the board but can't post it. :( So, you have to take me at my word. It works quite well, I was going to use the 2 finish nail as stops but like the way the shafts drop off and out of the way of the next shaft. Gotta go get some dark chalk to mark the bends. 8-)
Ah figured it out. I'll see if I can give you a better look from the end-
I see some straighting in my near future. Those where the tapered shafts that the 40# Darton will be shooting, 1st video were parallel for the 48# Darton.
Last edited by Elkman on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix video post

elkslayer4x5

#7 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Did some straightening last night. Lets see how they roll now. I'll go thru them several more times before cutting and tapering the point. Then its time to dip. Any DIY Dip tubes? No luck searching the DIY forum. plenty of tube, dipless though. :(
Sorry Elkman, looks like another video to fix, I'm using the youtube tags like they give me when I publish? While you're reading this, can this thread be moved to the D.I.Y. forum?
Last edited by Elkman on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix video display

Hill billy

#8 Post by Hill billy »

How are you straightening them? Dumb question from me?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

DIY dip tubes? Yup. Been there, done that. Thought I'd done a post but could be mistaken. I guess I could rustle sump'n up...
Aim small, miss small!

elkslayer4x5

#10 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Hill billy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:27 pm How are you straightening them? Dumb question from me?
Hold shaft between thumb and forefinger of both hands, twist back and forth while sliding other hand to the bend, rotate shaft to place bend against thumb, push, rinse repeat, when they roll with out me touching them, it's straight.
Captainkirk wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 pm DIY dip tubes? Yup. Been there, done that. Thought I'd done a post but could be mistaken. I guess I could rustle sump'n up...
Searched the DIY forum, plenty of tube , good news for the site, no dips.. hey where's the rollin on the floor guy? :mrgreen:

Return to “DIY section”