Built a tool

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Built a tool

#11 Post by Elkman »

Here are some directions on how to post the videos..

https://tradhunter.com/tradhunter/forum ... =72&t=3235
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

elkslayer4x5

#12 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Ah, was adding too much information, just the identifier #
Another question. I try and limit my up loads ( though I'm sure it doesn't look like right now, since I'm flooding the site with pics. :D ) so I tried to manage my attachments when I wanted to reuse a previously uploaded pic, so I found it copied the code and pasted it into my post. Unfortunately only the code showed and after trying to edit the code using the different methods of adding a photo (little photo icon above this post field and the attachment button below. So now I have two copies of new cedar in my attachments.

elkslayer4x5

#13 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Here's the 3rd roll, testing my second straightening efforts. Still one stubborn stick. Tried to video me counterbending the shaft to remove bends, maybe you can see what I do.

Elkman
Site Admin

#14 Post by Elkman »

elkslayer4x5 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:31 am Ah, was adding too much information, just the identifier #
Another question. I try and limit my up loads ( though I'm sure it doesn't look like right now, since I'm flooding the site with pics. :D ) so I tried to manage my attachments when I wanted to reuse a previously uploaded pic, so I found it copied the code and pasted it into my post. Unfortunately only the code showed and after trying to edit the code using the different methods of adding a photo (little photo icon above this post field and the attachment button below. So now I have two copies of new cedar in my attachments.
Each attachment is given a special code that pretty much glues it to that post. Probably the best way to reuse images is to use one of those image hosting sites. Photobucket was a good one, till they wanted everyone to pay. They then basically held your image hostage. I haven't tried any of them myself.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#15 Post by Captainkirk »

Flickr is good, but no longer free.
Aim small, miss small!

elkslayer4x5

#16 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Elkman wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:32 pm Each attachment is given a special code that pretty much glues it to that post. Probably the best way to reuse images is to use one of those image hosting sites. Photobucket was a good one, till they wanted everyone to pay. They then basically held your image hostage. I haven't tried any of them myself.
Any time we use an off site host to link photos with, we run the risk of that host holding the photos for ransom like photobucket did. The link code I got from my attachments work when clicked , but showed the photo on a new page, while that works for me, it does break the topic line a bit.

elkslayer4x5

#17 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Fourth roll.
Whadda ya think? :?:

Grizzly

#18 Post by Grizzly »

That's also the technique Dale at Three Rivers used when I bought some shafts from him years ago - bending the shaft at the base of his thumb. I'm usually a patient man but straightening cedar shafts has never been my favorite thing to do. I'd rather try to straighten a pile of alum shafts than cedar. I suppose in time you get the hang of it - but I'd rather pull weeds from the garden than straighten a dozen shafts. I think it was easier to help my wife's cousin get some young pigs pack in their pens then get a cedar shaft to do what I want it to. :x
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

elkslayer4x5

#19 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

It's actually finding the right spot to bend, since we view the arrow one eyed, we have no perception and so often miss the spot. That where this roller helps, hard to see but there's about half of the aluminum shafts is above the boards surface, maybe 5/16", easier to see the wobble and get the right bend. Tough ones have a little curve at both ends, those were the ones the rocked back and forth and wouldn't roll.
I think they're pretty straight now.

Grizzly

#20 Post by Grizzly »

Yes, I think you're toast - or the arrow is - when the bend is at the extreme end of the shaft. They are for me anyway. Although, if someone wanted to work out some sort of jig or tool, you might even be able to save some of those.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “DIY section”