All new forum members please read!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

All new forum members please read!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

First of all, welcome to the Tradhunter forum! We're glad you joined us. We may not be the largest forum or have the most members, but we might be the friendliest forum out there! So, where do you go from here?

First, read the Forum Rules section. There aren't a lot of rules, but we do expect them to be followed. This is a family forum, so keep that in mind.

Second, get yourself over to the 'Campfire' section and introduce yourself to the boys. We might be long-winded and a bunch of kidders, but we really love traditional archery and bowhunting and love to talk about it. Got a favorite bow? Not only do we want to hear about i, but we want to see pictures as well.

Third, one of the biggest complaints we hear from new members is "nothing is going on here...no activity". Wrong. What you need to do once you log in to the forum index page is look on the upper right side of your screen; you will see a link named "VIEW UNREAD POSTS". Click this link and it will bring up all unread posts, including updates to topics you have already read, and list them out for you. This may be a little mind-boggling for the new member, so I don't suggest this the first time around, but after you've read through the various forums, made a few replies, etc it makes it very easy once you return to see any new activity since the last time you were here.
There are also several other quick links there, in order (left to right):

View unanswered posts
View active topics
View unread posts
View new posts
View your posts

While all of these will direct you very quickly per subject matter, the "view unread posts" link ensures you won't miss any new activity since your last visit.

Contests-
Tradhunter Forum has numerous giveaways on a frequent basis. In order to be eligible for the giveaways, the following criteria must be met:

*You must be a current active member, with at least 25 posts, and have been active on the Tradhunter forum within the last year. Too many people were obviously signing up just for a free giveaway and never making a post or participating on the forums, necessitating this change.
That's it...that's all! 25 posts and being active. Not hard to do, especially if you are long winded as some of us tend to be... :roll:
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

Re: All new forum members please read!

#2 Post by Graps »

Good idea , but the site is not user friendly .
It's not untill someone helps that you can find yourself around on here ..
I was the same way for the first few weeks that I was on here .
It truly needs fixed .
This is no joke , fix it or shut it down .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps, send me a pm and elaborate. I'll do what I can.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

I dont know, it could be just me. I had a little trouble, but I made due just the same. Im not on hords of forums, but this one didnt seem to awfully difficult. Its similar to several forums i am on. I dont think there is a format much easier to deal with from what ive seen. Its just a learning process, and for me, if i really want to be part of a forum, im going to figure it out, or ask questions. Everyone is different though.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Gamestalker

#5 Post by Gamestalker »

I agree with Jason. I was able to find my way around here fairly easily. It did become much easier to keep up with the most current discussions when someone pointed out to me the link for "View active topics."
I would like to suggest that the font for the View active topics link to be made bold, much larger & maybe even changed to a more eye catching color. Then it would stand out instead of blending in with everything else on the page.

nm41mag

#6 Post by nm41mag »

I would say that I have had no problem navigating your site. Due to the subject of this forum I would guess that sticks and strings appeal to us as we are already at our limits with technology.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome to the site 41, glad to have you here. :D

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yes, as I stated elsewhere, welcome aboard, glad you made it! JUmp in with both feet,,,,we dont bite i promise!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote:...we dont bite i promise!
Speak for yourself... 8-)

Just kidding, and a warm welcome to you! Glad you found us techno-challenged old far...um, dedicated bowhunters! :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “New Member Check In”