Old dude still shooting

dougedwards

Old dude still shooting

#1 Post by dougedwards »

Hey guys! My name is Doug and I am still attempting to competively shoot and hunt with a stick bow after dominant arm rotator surgery and it gets tough to do. I love the purity of the sport and will hang in there as long as possible.

My passion is sharing the good news of God's surpassing love shown through His grace toward us in Christ Jesus. I have four grandchildren who challenge my energy level and who I love very much.

I am encouraged to participate with this venue in many different categories.

Doug
"Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another."
Ephesians 4:25

stumper

Re: Old dude still shooting

#2 Post by stumper »

Welcome sir. Grab a stump by the fire and stay awhile. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. In the mean time what kind of bows do you have??
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

dougedwards

#3 Post by dougedwards »

Sold most of them but have held on to a 64" Leon Stewart Slammer longbow 3-piece @38# and a 64" ILF recurve with 19" Tradech Pinnacle II riser and Kaya KStorm long limbs (34# on a 25" riser). Was shooting a 21st Century longbow @ 47# before shoulder surgery. Can't hold that much weight any longer. But it's all still fun.

Doug
"Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another."

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome, Doug! Really glad to see you here. Looking forward to sharing much with you and hope you will make this forum your new home.
I'd love to see pix of that ILF rig. We have a saying here..."no pix, it didn't happen"... 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#5 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote:Welcome, Doug! Really glad to see you here. Looking forward to sharing much with you and hope you will make this forum your new home.
I'd love to see pix of that ILF rig. We have a saying here..."no pix, it didn't happen"... 8-)
This guys knows all about the pics or it didn’t happen....
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

Welcome to Trad hunter Doug!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Welcome, and hope to see you here often.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome Doug, looking forward to your future post. Glad to have another Christian brother on board!

Jose

#9 Post by Jose »

Glad to see you aboard Doug!! Great guys here!!!!

dougedwards

#10 Post by dougedwards »

Let's see if this works
Attachments
Stewart Slammer 3pc-216x288.jpg
Stewart Slammer 3pc-216x288.jpg (29.24 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Return to “New Member Check In”