Checkin In from Texas

White Falcon

Re: Checkin In from Texas

#16 Post by White Falcon »

Anyone not keeping there bear tail, I could use it. Will resend postage! I know there not to long, but that is OK.

Caddo

#17 Post by Caddo »

Nope, no 2018 Bear. Saw a lot, plenty of shot opportunities, just looking for something a little bigger! Between 11 years in Alaska and the 9 years I've been going to Quebec, I've shot quite a few bears, just nothing real big lately.

LD

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Caddo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 am Nope, no 2018 Bear. Saw a lot, plenty of shot opportunities, just looking for something a little bigger! Between 11 years in Alaska and the 9 years I've been going to Quebec, I've shot quite a few bears, just nothing real big lately.

LD
Have you been to Kodiak?
Aim small, miss small!

Caddo

#19 Post by Caddo »

I've been on Kodiak, but never hunted it. We used to hunt Raspberry Island for Blacktails, Less folks hunting on it and the bears weren't as educated yet. Still, if you made a kill you had to get it gutted and moved fast or they would smell it. On Kodiak, the bears were much more in tune and responded extremely fast! Especially if you used a gun, they'd respond to the shot!

Graps

#20 Post by Graps »

:shock: How fast can you dress out your kill in a situation like that?! :shock: :?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

strigif0rm3s

#21 Post by strigif0rm3s »

Caddo wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:21 am Thanks all!, I prefer Longbows but actually own a recurve or two! Mainly hunt whitetails and hogs in Texas. Normally I do the yearly bear hunt in Quebec. Make my own arrows and strings, prefer wood and bamboo arrows. I do own some carbon, but don't tell that to many folks, and just got into osage selfbows. Looking forward to joining some like minded folks in the Traditional archery community.

LD
Where in Texas? I'm in Cedar Park and hunt Granger hogs quite a bit with my trad gear. Love it.

White Falcon

#22 Post by White Falcon »

Lived in Dallas for 32 yrs. Now in N. East TX, Holly Lake Ranch,. Been here 8 yrs.

strigif0rm3s

#23 Post by strigif0rm3s »

White Falcon wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 am Lived in Dallas for 32 yrs. Now in N. East TX, Holly Lake Ranch,. Been here 8 yrs.
if you ever need a hog hunting buddy let me know.
If you ever make it near Granger PHL, hit me up. Thats my stomping ground.

Caddo

#24 Post by Caddo »

Over in Kempner, between Cove and Lampasas.

strigif0rm3s

#25 Post by strigif0rm3s »

Caddo wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:01 am Over in Kempner, between Cove and Lampasas.
Oh cool. hows the hog hunting by you?

Return to “New Member Check In”