Hello from Australia

shaftcaster

Hello from Australia

#1 Post by shaftcaster »

Hello all TradHunter members from Australia !!!!
Well I am getting close to 60 years young and Archery is still a big part of my life.
I am in WA [Western Australia] , with a fairly desert type interior and pristine coastline beaches .
My working life was in Contruction, Refinery Maintainence ,Scaffolding and Mine Surveying.
Hunting with a bow means numerous rabbits,goats,sick kangaroos and pigs have been taken some clean, a few not nor did I score on my big camel and donkey hunt --oh well [may try that again]

My favourite bow has always been a finely custom crafted recurve but early retirement meant that I can finally focus more with longbows, and there have been many but thats the thrill of this sport.
I use to hunt game with older bows but nowadays I mainly hunt just for old bows !!
Thanks for having me Guys,
Shaftcaster >>>----->

Greg Felty

Re: Hello from Australia

#2 Post by Greg Felty »

Welcome Angelo. Glad to have you.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

Welcome from Michigan USA.
Hope to hear from you often.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

A big welcome from Kentucky, glad to have you here, I look forward to learning more about your hunting there!

Lowcountry

#5 Post by Lowcountry »

Welcome from Charleston, South Carolina!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

We're honored (or do you say "honoured"?) to have a member from Down Under on board! Glad you found us and looking forward to hearing your tales of "far & away" (well, for most of us here!) We do have one funny little rules here; "no pix, it never happened", so be prepared to back up your wild tales with digital proof! :lol:
Anyway, make yourself at home!
Aim small, miss small!

shaftcaster

#7 Post by shaftcaster »

Thanks for the warm welcomes all of you.
I am trying to figure out the image-linky for pic uploading saying file too large ? mmmm ?
Will keep trying,
Cheers.

Graps

#8 Post by Graps »

Size the picture to 640x640.
Looking forward to your pictures.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Elkman
Site Admin

#9 Post by Elkman »

Welcome from Montana, Big Sky Country. I live in the Beautiful Bitterroot Valleys in the small town of Corvallis.

Here at Tradhunter we have a width and height size limit and size limit on the file size.
Graps wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:06 pmSize the picture to 640x640.
by Graps » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:06 pm
Sorry Dale, actually to everyone. I raised the limits so maybe Larry (Tradman) can figure his picture issues out.

The file size limit is 350 kbs.
Post size of 864 x 864 pixels for image size.
Attachment size of 854 x 854 pixels for image size.

We also have some image software running on the server to helps reduce the image for you if it is close.

If the picture is 1365x768 and it is under the 350 kbs limit, it should upload for you.
If anyone is still having issues let me know and I can help you further.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

My little image sizer app has worked like a charm for me, I have always just reduced to 640X480 pixels or opposite for landscape, got it set there, it reduces so no problems. The video thingy is another story, I don’t have a clue there.

Return to “New Member Check In”