Hello from central Illinois

Hydropottimus

Re: Hello from central Illinois

#16 Post by Hydropottimus »

Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:25 pm oooo. Some longer bows, you are like me! I rock several 66" myself. Great pics
I'm a fairly tall guy with long arms. I haven't shot anything under 62". How would it handle a 32" draw?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Hydropottimus wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:50 pm That's crazy. I've met thousands of people online and across the country and only about six of them had even heard of this little 3,000 person town in the middle of corn country. You might be the first that's ever actually been here.
Actually, I've done quite a bit of business with A.E.R.O. aircraft cylinders in the past; they are in Gibson City.
Is that grade school with the crazy fire escape slide still there? :?
Aim small, miss small!

Hydropottimus

#18 Post by Hydropottimus »

No it's an apartment complex now. The new grade school is across the street from the high school and the middle school that was in melvin got tore down and a new one built in gibson.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

Hydropottimus wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:05 pm No it's an apartment complex now. The new grade school is across the street from the high school and the middle school that was in melvin got tore down and a new one built in gibson.
Well, that's what I get or not keeping up on things. I don't believe I've been down there since the early '80s. I probably wouldn't recognize the place.
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#20 Post by Elkman »

Nice bows Michael.
Hydropottimus wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:53 pm
Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:25 pm oooo. Some longer bows, you are like me! I rock several 66" myself. Great pics
I'm a fairly tall guy with long arms. I haven't shot anything under 62". How would it handle a 32" draw?
Are you talking about the JC optimus 21" with trad tech black max 2.0 wood/glass 40# limbs 66AMO?
I think you maybe alright. Some ILF setups can stack sooner than you think. Have you measured the draw weight at your draw length? Maybe 50# to 52#?
The ideal ILF setup is to have the riser length and limb length combo that put you at your desired draw weight at your draw length just before the bow gets to to point of stacking. The ILF system is very versatile. Your riser manual and limb manual will help get you close to the ultimate setup.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Hydropottimus

#21 Post by Hydropottimus »

The limbs are rated on a 17" riser. I'm holding 47#on my fingers. I was really just asking in general though because I've passed on a couple 58"or shorter bows because I don't want to get something I can't shoot comfortably.

stumper

#22 Post by stumper »

There are a couple bows in 58” that state they can draw up to 32 with no stack. Slick stick being one of those. However when you shorten the bow you are always gonna
Increase angle on fingers. That being said we have a couple guys shooting pretty short bows on here. My draw is only 26 and I’ve been loving a couple of 66” inch bows.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#23 Post by Captainkirk »

I have bows of differing length, the longest being my Tamerlanes at 69" and the shortest being my K-Mag at 52". No real feel of 'stacking' on the K-Mag with my 29.5" DL, but as Dave mentioned, I'm aware of the string angle but it doesn't bother me.
Aim small, miss small!

Hydropottimus

#24 Post by Hydropottimus »

So if I find a bear kodiak 56" for under 200 bucks?..... my girlfriend is going to love this. :lol:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#25 Post by Captainkirk »

Hydropottimus wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:01 am So if I find a bear kodiak 56" for under 200 bucks?..... my girlfriend is going to love this. :lol:
Suggestions; with your longer DL, you might look at the 58" Grizzly or 60" Kodiak Hunter. Both are very good bows and can be found very reasonable on the used market.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “New Member Check In”