Hello from central Illinois

stumper

Re: Hello from central Illinois

#11 Post by stumper »

oooo. Some longer bows, you are like me! I rock several 66" myself. Great pics
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#12 Post by Graps »

Welcome from Michigan. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#13 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome to the site friend, looks like your off to a good start with this addiction, glad to have you here.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

So glad you made it over here! No doubt some well-meaning individual gave you a push, no? ;)
Those are some gorgeous bows, and I am gaga over that Pearson. Right now I'm a Bear nut but that's only because I only own one Pearson, and a pretty basic one at that.
Being new to trad hunting, I'm sure you will have many questions. Well, the guys here will have many answers, i promise, and you wont meet a friendlier bunch anywhere. :D
Gibson City, huh? Been there once or twice, my Dad was born and raised in Melvin. I used to pheasant hunt down there when I was growing up.
Anyway, a warm & fuzzy welcome, hope you will call this place home! ;)
Aim small, miss small!

Hydropottimus

#15 Post by Hydropottimus »

That's crazy. I've met thousands of people online and across the country and only about six of them had even heard of this little 3,000 person town in the middle of corn country. You might be the first that's ever actually been here.

Hydropottimus

#16 Post by Hydropottimus »

Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:25 pm oooo. Some longer bows, you are like me! I rock several 66" myself. Great pics
I'm a fairly tall guy with long arms. I haven't shot anything under 62". How would it handle a 32" draw?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Hydropottimus wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:50 pm That's crazy. I've met thousands of people online and across the country and only about six of them had even heard of this little 3,000 person town in the middle of corn country. You might be the first that's ever actually been here.
Actually, I've done quite a bit of business with A.E.R.O. aircraft cylinders in the past; they are in Gibson City.
Is that grade school with the crazy fire escape slide still there? :?
Aim small, miss small!

Hydropottimus

#18 Post by Hydropottimus »

No it's an apartment complex now. The new grade school is across the street from the high school and the middle school that was in melvin got tore down and a new one built in gibson.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#19 Post by Captainkirk »

Hydropottimus wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:05 pm No it's an apartment complex now. The new grade school is across the street from the high school and the middle school that was in melvin got tore down and a new one built in gibson.
Well, that's what I get or not keeping up on things. I don't believe I've been down there since the early '80s. I probably wouldn't recognize the place.
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#20 Post by Elkman »

Nice bows Michael.
Hydropottimus wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:53 pm
Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:25 pm oooo. Some longer bows, you are like me! I rock several 66" myself. Great pics
I'm a fairly tall guy with long arms. I haven't shot anything under 62". How would it handle a 32" draw?
Are you talking about the JC optimus 21" with trad tech black max 2.0 wood/glass 40# limbs 66AMO?
I think you maybe alright. Some ILF setups can stack sooner than you think. Have you measured the draw weight at your draw length? Maybe 50# to 52#?
The ideal ILF setup is to have the riser length and limb length combo that put you at your desired draw weight at your draw length just before the bow gets to to point of stacking. The ILF system is very versatile. Your riser manual and limb manual will help get you close to the ultimate setup.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “New Member Check In”