Hello from Vermont!

VTBow

Hello from Vermont!

#1 Post by VTBow »

@White Falcon convinced me to join a while ago and I haven't been very active, but am looking forward to spending more time here-- Cheers!

Graps

Re: Hello from Vermont!

#2 Post by Graps »

Welcome from Michigan and hope to see you here often.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

Welcome from Central Illinois. Your area looks beautiful. Would that be sort of the foothills of the Green Mountain Range? Many years ago I took my little 350 Honda from Kingston, NY up to Tupper Lake and visited Lake Placid and rode up White Face Mountain into the clouds. It looks like you are a little north of there and across the Hudson River.

As I'd looked around at this flat section of Illinois years ago, I almost went back East, but there were a few farms in my wife's family that welcomed us in Pike County, Illinois between the Mississippi and the Illinois Rivers. Many hills and small farms, rich with deer to hunt and wander in but hardly a need for a compass like in the dense woods I hunted in as a youngster in the Catskills or where you probably hunt.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

VTBow

#4 Post by VTBow »

I'm in the heart of the green mountains, at about 2000ft. I hunt in some very mountainous terrain, and definitely need a gps and compass if not on my own property. Some days we walk in excess of 12 miles depending on where/how we're hunting. But, yes, I am lucky to have access to some farmland to hunt as well. LOts of variety here...not a ton of deer :-)

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

Welcome from the high plains of colorado. We are glad to have you aboard. What kind of bow and arrow setup are you using this year?

VTBow

#6 Post by VTBow »

Thanks for the welcomes. Have a few bows I"m looking to get tuned up for next season, but my setup I hunted with this year was:
Brown Recluse Seminole Chief 63' Flat Bow: 50# @28
POC Arrows with Bear Greenies
Hill style quiver
brownrecluse.jpg
brownrecluse.jpg (97.46 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

:shock: Wow, very nice setup you have there.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

VTBow

#8 Post by VTBow »

Thank you Sir!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#10 Post by Grizzly »

Have you ever clocked that bow. With all that reflex to the riser, it looks like it should be fast.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “New Member Check In”