New to Site

Graps

Re: New to Site

#11 Post by Graps »

MSU :shock:
Well I won't hold that against you.
Better than Ohio State. :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Nomad

#12 Post by Nomad »

Graps wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 pm MSU :shock:
Well I won't hold that against you.
Better than Ohio State. :lol:
I was worried you might by a U of M fan! You guys take that stuff seriously out there. lol

Nomad

#13 Post by Nomad »

Grizzly wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:46 pm
Nomad wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:19 am
Grizzly wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:27 am It sounds like you may have also grown up reading "Shots at Whitetails" by Lawrence R. Koller https://www.amazon.com/Shots-Whitetails ... 0873418654 41rixOJ3+KL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Dad wouldn't let me hunt until I read that at about 12 years old. My Dad had some great still hunting skills. I used to love that style of hunting until I became spoiled by treestands in this deer rich environment in Pike County where my wife's family still have a couple of farms.

I too, still love to get down on the ground after a lite fresh snow to study the tracks and movement patterns and sometimes stalk a bit. The heightened awareness adds a thrill you can't get in a stand or in a blind.
Wow, how did you know? I have 2 reprints and 1 original copy of that book. One of favorites.
Yes, up in Maine we like to track when we have snow. Almost no other hunters around and you can roam all over the 3.5 million acres of The North Maine Woods, where we hunt. They go by weight up there, have been lucky enough to shoot 223# and 230# dressed weight bucks.
Never hunted Illinois, but of course know about the great hunting there.
It wasn't hard. I grew up hunting Ulster County, NY in the Catskills along with working and going to school there later. Anyone from that area who still likes to hunt on the ground and move around and stalk, would most likely be familiar with that book, since the author's stories and photos, are mostly from the Catskill Mountain range in upstate NY. There are also some world famous trout streams there, as I'm sure you know. I think my love of fall colors and panoramic hills began there.
Yes, have done a lot of fishing on the Navasink, East Branch Delaware, Esopus, Beaverkill. Beautiful area.

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

Welcome from the bayous of louisiana
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

White Falcon

#15 Post by White Falcon »

I'm a little late, but Welcome from North TX.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#16 Post by Carpdaddy »

Welcome to the site new friend, looking forward to getting to know you better, from Kentucky.

joe harrod1945

#17 Post by joe harrod1945 »

warm welcome from kentucky :D

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome to the site, Mark! Glad to have you on board!
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#19 Post by Elkman »

Welcome from Corvallis Montana. Nice to have you here at Tradhunter.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “New Member Check In”