Hailing from Show Low Arizona

AzTrouter

Hailing from Show Low Arizona

#1 Post by AzTrouter »

....via Wyoming and Montana haha

Long story short, we started poking around the White Mountains and Moggion Rim country of Arizona 5 years ago and never quite left. I haven’t done much hunting here, except predators and straw bales, but I’m feeling it this year :)

Grizzly

Re: Hailing from Show Low Arizona

#2 Post by Grizzly »

Welcome from Central Illinois. Sounds like you liked the change going from Montana and Wyoming to Arizona.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

elkslayer4x5

#3 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

AzTrouter wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:10 am ....via Wyoming and Montana haha
I haven’t done much hunting here, except predators and straw bales, but I’m feeling it this year :)
Welcome from Oregon.
In your new location you can use predator calls. Probably not something you did in Montana. I've got a FoxPro FX3, an older model only has 32 calls on it, the last four are play at own risk;
Mountain lion begging :(
Mountain lion in heat :!:
Bear cub distress 1 :o
bear cub distress 2 :shock:

AzTrouter

#4 Post by AzTrouter »

The part of AZ we bought land isn’t much different than WY and MT, we actually get more precipitation in AZ than our place in WY. The biggest difference is the length and duration of what passes for winter here. We’re already almost out of the snow season and some of our trout water is almost reachable.

AZ has some surprisingly good fly fishing and hunting, the trophy elk areas are draw only, but there’s good archery only Couse and Mule deer hunting tags over the counter along with two seasons of Javalina and turkeys. The hunting calendar is all out of wack from what I’m used too, but it’s nice once you get it figured out.

We get mule deer and antelope across our place daily and I shot a couple dogs chasing a Bighorn sheep last year very near our place. We’re too high of elevation for Javalina or turkeys, but our area is crawling with coyotes and Mexican grey wolves move though periodicity.

Thanks for the welcome.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome to the funhouse! :D
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

Sounds like a really interesting section of Arizona. I've never been to the Rockies or the South West so please forgive my ignorance of the area. It sounds to me a little like New Mexico that shares dry arid dessert conditions with beautiful high country hunting.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Hill billy

#7 Post by Hill billy »

Hello from Arkansas! I have been considering a mule deer hunt in Arizona. Especially convenient that it is a late season alternative.

EWill

#8 Post by EWill »

Welcome from Oklahoma.
I haven't looked at a map lately and can't remember for sure, but I think I've been through Show Low on vacation.
Is what they call route 666 near there?

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

Welcome from Louisiana.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Elkman
Site Admin

#10 Post by Elkman »

Hello from Corvallis Montana. Glad to have you here!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “New Member Check In”