Blasphemy?

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Blasphemy?

#21 Post by Captainkirk »

See, that's the spirit! First part of acceptance is admitting there's a problem. Mind if we snug up those sleeves a bit?
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#22 Post by Graps »

This reminds me, i need to get some mixed nuts for my hunting trip. :roll: :shock:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#23 Post by Carpdaddy »

I need to sit in my thinking chair for a while.
Attachments
CAD4DF22-17DE-4149-A1DB-4D8C6A87F6AB.jpeg
CAD4DF22-17DE-4149-A1DB-4D8C6A87F6AB.jpeg (173.94 KiB) Viewed 87 times

Grizzly

#24 Post by Grizzly »

The only blasphemy you might run into is if you were to go to an all trad shoot that were sticklers on "no aids". They usually advertise that also. Some competitions will not allow rests and plungers and esp. sights, but I doubt you'll be doing that anyway. I've played with sights on recurves, but really can't say I enjoyed them. Some do though. It would be fun and easy to try and what would it hurt? It's not like you are going to get addicted for life and go to the dark side, is it?

You can drop all the way down into the low 30's and with the right arrows which will be lighter, still be able to shoot 3d from the normal stakes. About 18 years ago I bought one of the daughters an old Root Range Master 66" 36# recurve and put a Black Widow stick on metal rest on that huge flat shelf. One year I took it along with some 1816 aluminums with very light points to a 30 target 3d and shot my first clean 300 with it.

Plungers and rests can be alot of fun. The best tune I ever had was when I was setting up a 42# Warf (Hoyt TD-3 with SF ilf carbon foam limbs) for field shooting. I wouldn't recommend the carbon foam limbs since if they take a warp, there is no straightening them. The carbon arrows I used were .001 or something with a very tight tolerance I think. they tuned so much better than the .006 or the .003 arrows. I was able to hit within my arrow group with a bare shaft at some crazy yardage like 60 or so. It's been lots of years ago, and the details are a bit fuzzy, but it was fun. It will also be much easier on your shoulder plus easier to work on your shooting form.

Is that bow of yours Ilf or just bolt on limbs? I've hunted with many bows from 40# to 46# with wood, carbon and alum arrows and never had any penetration problems so long as you keep your range reasonable. My 41# Bear Grizzly would get complete pass throughs with alum arrows on deer.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#25 Post by stumper »

Someone told me I'm certifiable... Not sure what I'm certified in. :shock:
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#26 Post by Captainkirk »

For the record...this was on older thread someone dug up. The urge to tinker passed me by for the moment and I'm back to being fat, dumb and happy just flinging woodies barebow in the backyard.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#27 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:33 am For the record...this was on older thread someone dug up. The urge to tinker passed me by for the moment and I'm back to being fat, dumb and happy just flinging woodies barebow in the backyard.
Hey that's my territory! lol
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#28 Post by Graps »

OK, Kirk, we will leave it at that. :roll:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#29 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 am OK, Kirk, we will leave it at that. :roll:
Of course, now that you mention it, it COULD be very interesting.... 8-)

Griz, that was a Samick Sage, with bolt on limbs, not ILF. It's 55# and a bit of a handful (OK, at the risk of sounding wimpy, it kicks my ass) but I've considered dropping down and maybe playing with some 40-ish limbs...
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#30 Post by Graps »

Who's a weenie :roll:

Return to “Practice/Training”