Blasphemy?

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Shadowhntr

Re: Blasphemy?

#41 Post by Shadowhntr »

Id love to have a good 30 lb'er. A few things I've noticed about shooting lighter weights, is it will show you ALL the flaws in your form, and release. I use to think I had pretty solid form until I began to regularly shoot 40-45 lb bows.....then they told on me. It's really ideal, because we are supposed to be concentrating on form from the beginning. I've found out, if my form holds true, hitting is not a problem,...indicating even shooting with instinctive aiming methods, that aiming is the least of the worry. Building consistent form, and especially perfecting the release are much more monumental to "worry" about.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Shadowhntr

Re: Blasphemy?

#42 Post by Shadowhntr »

jd-xlt wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:56 pm I bought a pair of 35# Journey limbs to bolt onto my Samick riser (makes a 64" bow). It felt like I could hold those at full draw all day compared to the 50# limbs.
I just sold the journey limbs at Cloverdale. Still have the sage riser and 50# for sale. Is there a very active "for sale" site on TradHunter?
It's worth a try for sure....we get LOADS of "gawkers" that never make postings.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Practice/Training”