The Planets Aligned

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Graps

Re: The Planets Aligned

#11 Post by Graps »

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been having trouble with my assets for the past eight months.
My assets in my recliner too much......... :? :roll:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#12 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:42 pm Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been having trouble with my assets for the past eight months.
My assets in my recliner too much......... :? :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#13 Post by Graps »

good-grief.jpg
good-grief.jpg (58.19 KiB) Viewed 87 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#14 Post by Shadowhntr »

YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW! Glad you got it in Captain!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#15 Post by Captainkirk »

And, yet again, the planets aligned!
Got home from work early today ('cuz I went in early) and after dinner, I noticed an eerie silence out back...
Quick as a wink I decided by golly, I was gonna get in ANOTHER first so I strung up my '64 Tamerlane which I haven't shot yet, grabbed some arra's and headed out.

First things first; It's noisy. Like Duane Eddy, it's got that 'twang'...either gonna have to twist up or down; I'd assume up to start. Tamerlanes have a tall brace height.

Second, those arrows Jason sent me? Nossir, he didn't like 'em. Didn't like 'em at all.
But he sure did like those orange arrows I made! (there's three of 'em in there!)

Of course, this one is only 41# so that's to be expected.
So, once I shot that, I had to try a few ends with the old Griz...bearing in mind that I overdid it last time, I only shot a few ends...maybe 15-20 minutes, then called it.
And I's a happy camper. :D
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#16 Post by Graps »

Where did them perdy pink arras go? :roll:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:13 pm Where did them perdy pink arras go? :roll:
Those are the ones the horse didn't like.
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#18 Post by Elkman »

Very nice Kirk. I have to get my new bales setup. Seeing you guys post your shooting is making want to.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Shadowhntr

#19 Post by Shadowhntr »

Purty Cap'n!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#20 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, guess I'm getting a little bit bold these days.
Noisy neighbor was AWOL, but Nosy Neighbor was home and Dog Neighbor was in the back yard working on cutting up a tree, I think. I didn't care; set up the block and had at it for a while. The Natural Fence is in full bloom and nobody can see anything unless they are trying, which really amounts to 'spying' in my book. Of course, a 'thunk!" every 30 seconds or so could be a giveaway, but, hey...MYOB. My 'new range' is set up so a miss at the block will put an arrow into a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood, And if I miss that, it's either going to frag on the garage foundation or going though into the garage.
Hopefully I can avoid any confrontations if people will live & let live.

The 'New Range'

Natural Fence

However, people being what they are, I'm sure if any of the neighbors had any inkling there was some sort of an ordinance there would be trouble 'just because'. :?
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”