The Planets Aligned

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Graps

Re: The Planets Aligned

#21 Post by Graps »

Looks like you are all set to go. :P
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#22 Post by Grizzly »

You might consider putting a little air space between that plywood and your garage wall. That way a high arrow might not hit your wall as it passes through but is stopped by the plywood.

We have a Tractor Supply Store in town that sells those small and medium sized trailers. They all come with a good sized fairly dense Styrofoam block that the trailer tongue rests on. They soon throw them all away. I use them for kids targets, and to practice with my broadheads, but a friend glued a dozen or so of them together and made a backstop wall. I can only assume he must have used a hot glue gun. You could put them in front of you piece of plywood to save your arrows from damage. You could even give them a quick coat of paint to keep them from standing out, as they come in white.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

#23 Post by Graps »

Grizzly wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 pm You might consider putting a little air space between that plywood and your garage wall.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He has that between his ears. ;)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#24 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:30 pm
Grizzly wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 pm You might consider putting a little air space between that plywood and your garage wall.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He has that between his ears. ;)
Hey...I resemble that remark!
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#25 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, got in another 20 minutes or so this evening, maybe 4 dozen arrows? I'm starting to feel more comfortable and confident when I shoot every few days or more! The bow muscles are coming back to life and my release is getting more consistent. I only hope I can keep this up. One thing I need to work on; my arrows make a very definite "thwap!" when hitting the block, not the silent "swish!" the straw bales used to make. Silence is your friend.
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#26 Post by Greg Felty »

Play a little music while you are out there.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#27 Post by Captainkirk »

Greg Felty wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:13 am Play a little music while you are out there.
I thought about starting the lawn mower...LOL! :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#28 Post by Graps »

In a Gadda da Vida would work on your stereo. :roll: :shock:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#29 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 pm In a Gadda da Vida would work on your stereo. :roll: :shock:
Prolly got it on 8 track somewhere around here... :?
Actually, I was thinking Nilsson's "Me and my Arrow" would be good...
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#30 Post by Graps »

So the land of point is in your back yard? :?
I actually have that album, The Land of Point. :lol:

Return to “Practice/Training”